Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pouria
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Upgrading from 3.6.1 to EPO4

Hi,

I'm in the process of evaluating EPO4, which has had me scratching my head quite a bit since the interface has changed immensly. Anyway, what I'm wondering is if I upgrade our current EPO 3.6.1 server to EPO 4.0, how much data, or more specifically, what data does get transfered to the new version? Will I still have my tasks/policies and tree structure intact, or will I have to restructure from scratch?
I'm also guessing it is not possible to simply let EPO 4.0 read the 3.6.1 database?
If I want to install a new server in our virtual environment and set it up with a clean install of EPO 4.0, and then shutdown the old server, and let EPO4 read the 3.6.1 database?

/P
1 Reply

RE: Upgrading from 3.6.1 to EPO4

If you plan a clean install of ePO 4.0 it will also install SQLExpress 2005 for beeing used as database but if you upgrade from a 3.6.1 to a 4.0 the MSDE 2000 Database from ePO 3.6.1 will be kept so I don't think it would be as easy as connecting to another database
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community