cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading McAfee Agent in Evaluation Mode with Software Centre

Jump to solution

Hi Guys

I hope you can help with some clarification surrounding upgrading the McAfee agent to evaluation mode with ePO Software Manager.

Would I be right doing it this way and in this order?

Update "McAfee Agent 5.0.6 Help Extension (Repost)" from 5.0.0.013 to 5.0.0.014

Update "ePO Policy and Reporting Extension (RTW)" from 5.0.5.131 to 5.0.6.107

Check in Evaluation "Install – Windows (Embedded Credentials) (RTW) Package" from 5.0.5.658 to 5.0.6.220

Check in Evaluation "ePO Agent Key Updater (RTW) Package" from 5.0.5.658 to 5.0.6.220

Then create a client task and a client task assignment and test on machines.

Also can someone explain the difference between these two Packages?

Install – Windows (Embedded Credentials) (RTW) and "Install – Windows (RTW)

Thanks in advance

Morello

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 6

Re: Upgrading McAfee Agent in Evaluation Mode with Software Centre

Jump to solution

Yes, except check in the non-embedded credentials package instead of embedded and add the msgbus cert updater and enable that and the agent key updater as enabled in your update task.  I would make one change, however.  Check in the agent key updater and msgbus cert updater into the current branch.

Check kb90643 and  KB85552.  Of course, what branch you check them into has everything to do with what your agent policy has set for what branch to pull them from.  Most people have the defaults set, which is why it is best to just check it into current.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

5 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I'm copying and pasting from another reply, but as far as embedded creds vs without:

"the process of embedding credentials allows you to create an agent installer (framepkg.exe) with built-in administrator credentials, that can then be run by users without admin rights on their machine. If you don't need this ability - and the majority of users don't, since they use other methods such as push install, SMS, and so on to install the agent - then you can ignore the entire thing."

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

To add to that, embedded credentials are normally used when you use 3rd party deployment methods or limited user rights on a system.  So when deploying from epo, do not use the embedded credentials package. 

You also want to check in the msgbus cert updater.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Hi cidnet

Thanks for your reply to the second question I asked.

Do you think the steps to upgrade are correct?

Thanks

Morello

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Yes, except check in the non-embedded credentials package instead of embedded and add the msgbus cert updater and enable that and the agent key updater as enabled in your update task.  I would make one change, however.  Check in the agent key updater and msgbus cert updater into the current branch.

Check kb90643 and  KB85552.  Of course, what branch you check them into has everything to do with what your agent policy has set for what branch to pull them from.  Most people have the defaults set, which is why it is best to just check it into current.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Yes I agree, that is how I would use the embedded credential package for embedding credentials