cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to MS SQL 2012 Express SP4

Hi, I'm running ePO 5.9.1 on MS SQL 2012 11.0.6615.2 Express Edition currently. Any issue or things to take note if upgrading to MS SQL 2012 Express Edition SP4 11.0.7001.0? Pls advise.
6 Replies
Reliable Contributor vnaidu
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: Upgrade to MS SQL 2012 Express SP4

@User43739009 

I think you can go for it.

Microsoft SQLePO
ePO
ePO

ePO
SQL Server 2017 ExpressYesYesNoNo
SQL Server 2017YesYesNoNo
SQL Server 2016 ExpressYesYesYesYes 2
SQL Server 2016YesYesYesYes 2
SQL Server 2014 ExpressYesYesYesYes
SQL Server 2014YesYesYesYes
SQL Server 2012 ExpressYesYesYesYes
SQL Server 2012YesYesYesYes
SQL Server 2008 R2 ExpressNoYesYesYes
SQL Server 2008 R2NoYesYesYes
SQL Server 2008 ExpressNoYes 1Yes 1Yes 1
SQL Server 2008NoYes 1Yes 1Yes 1
SQL Server 2005 ExpressNoNoNoNo
SQL Server 2005NoNoNo

No

Cheers!!!!!

Venu

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the info.

Is there anything to perform prior to the upgrade? E.g. stopping the ePO services? Running any commands?

Or just run the SP4 installer and reboot server upon completion?

Reliable Contributor vnaidu
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 7

@User43739009 

You may refer the KB article for any help KB76739. In addition, I have also come across the following discusssion. Feel free to have a look at it.

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator/Update-SQL-Express-for-ePO-Upgrade/td-p/448273

I hope this helps.

Venu
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

The main thing you need to do before upgrading sql is to have a full backup of the database and the epo server file system per kb66616.  Turn off all epo services and any agent handlers prior to upgrading sql, then restart only the application server service first and log into the console to validate everything is functional before turning on the eventparser and server services.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

I have my ePo database in the external sql server managed by SQL team , what is the best way for this. 

My SQL team has planned for the SP4 upgarde , do i need to stop my services of my epo? before the upgrade. Bcz we wont be knowing the status of SQL part during upgradation

Regards

Pranav 

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Yes, I would suggest turning off epo services and any agent handlers until the upgrade is complete.  Your DBA should know how to back up the epo database - just make sure they are going to do that.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community