Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zsottl
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 21 of 27

Re: Upgrade to EPO 5.10

Jump to solution

@geoseng I refer to that KB in my first advice 😕 There are more things to look out and in this KB it's described well.

Jump to solution

My new EPO server is limestone9, while old EPO server is limestone.

My clients are managed by my new EPO now. Can/should I import key from the old servers.
what server key will it be?

Please advise 

Jump to solution

I think I has skipped the steps after security key (in article KB79283), because it works for me; I can enforce policy from the server, I can upload event from client to server.....

what can I do now?

Highlighted
zsottl
Level 8
Message 24 of 27

Jump to solution
And agent still failed to communicate with ePO?
Or did you meant "can't"? 🙂

Jump to solution

Hi, 

The Mcafee engineer remote in and look at my EPO portal and asked me to install EPO 5.10 update 3. I thought I did!!!

In other words, the key transfer between EPO 5.3.1 and EPO 5.10 is not ncessary;  When I transfer policies,tasks,systems and all should be working in EPO 5.10.

Bravo!

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Just a quick follow up question - would this same process work when upgrading ePO v5.1 to 5.10?

I was under the impression I would have to upgrade 5.1 to 5.3.3, then from 5.3.3 to 5.10.x. Is it possible to skip the 5.3?

Thank you!

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 27 of 27

Jump to solution

Please refer to the release notes for 5.10 - pd27627.

Upgrade paths At the time of the current release, you can upgrade these versions to McAfee® ePolicy Orchestrator® (McAfee® ePO™ ) 5.10.0: • McAfee ePO 5.1.3 • McAfee ePO 5.3.3 • McAfee ePO 5.3.1 • McAfee ePO 5.9.0 • McAfee ePO 5.3.2 • McAfee ePO 5.9.1 For information about supported upgrade paths for McAfee ePO, see KB86693

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community