Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jjmcpu
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Upgrade to 5.6 client

Jump to solution

I just updated from 5.5.1.342 to 5.6.0.702.

I now have the product DXL____1000.

what is that and should it be there?

DXL.jpg

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Upgrade to 5.6 client

Jump to solution

DXL is the data exchange layer

McAfee Agent 5.6.0 bundles the McAfee Data Exchange Layer client 5.0 as a component. The Data Exchange Layer client is automatically installed on managed systems and connects to a DXL broker in your environment. DXL services run as part of McAfee Agent services. For information about using the DXL client, see the Data Exchange Layer client product documents.

The McAfee agent 5.6 release notes:

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/28000/PD28068/en_US/...

2 Replies

Jump to solution

DXL is the data exchange layer

McAfee Agent 5.6.0 bundles the McAfee Data Exchange Layer client 5.0 as a component. The Data Exchange Layer client is automatically installed on managed systems and connects to a DXL broker in your environment. DXL services run as part of McAfee Agent services. For information about using the DXL client, see the Data Exchange Layer client product documents.

The McAfee agent 5.6 release notes:

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/28000/PD28068/en_US/...

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Additionally, if you do not have any dxl brokers in your environment, the dxl client will be idle and do nothing. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support
  • The McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in is now available in the Software Manager. Follow the instructions in the Product Guide for more.