cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from SaaS to ePO - Scripts

Hi All,

I am fairly new to this forum and the reason for my visit is that i have recently received the email from Mcafee telling me that between now and 2019 i need to upgrade all of our machines and account from SaaS to ePO. I know i've got loads of time but i know if i don't start the work i'll forget about it. Now we have around 200 machines across the UK all connected to our domain and the current SaaS software has been installed manually one by one (you can already tell what my next question is). So now i need to work out the best way of uninstalling the old version and then work out the best way to install the new version.

I read that i should be able to force the uninstall via a bat file by using WMIC with something like;

wmic product where name="Product name" call uninstall

but when i run the following command i only get McAfee SiteAdvisor Enterprise

wmic product get name | sort

Does anyone have any commands that could help me out of this sticky and manual task?

Rich

2 Replies

Re: Upgrade from SaaS to ePO - Scripts

Hi,

Not sure if this helps but we are just starting the same process of moving from SaaS to ePO (Cloud). Happy to report that the installation of the McAfee Agent and Endpoint Security automatically uninstalls SaaS.

John

Re: Upgrade from SaaS to ePO - Scripts

Excellent, that would have been handy to add to the email they sent out.

Thanks for the update, just trying to find some of the options in the policy's that i am used to now and i guess i'm good to go.

Rich