cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upgrade from 5.3.1 to 5.9.1 fails [SQL Errors]

I am having the same problem.  Have you been able to upgrade to 5.91?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 14

What errors are you getting?  They may be slightly different.  If you look at the msi log, it will show the failure, but also will show what log to look at. 

STEPS TO FIND CAUSE OF ERROR: 

In the epo install msi log, search for return value 2 or 3 and look above that for the last command that was running when failure occurred.  That command also tells the installer which log to write to for any issues.  For example, one error might point you to the core-upgrade.log.  Knowing which log is relevant is key to finding cause. 

Ignore any entries that start with “property” as these are just catalog items for a list of possible errors, but not any actual error that occurred during that install.

Log locations:

%temp%\mcafeelogs - that will take you to the user’s temp directory and it may be in a subdirectory of a session number, such as 2. If the logs aren’t there, back up to the root of that temp directory and then go to that mcafeelogs directory.

Other location:

C:\ProgramData\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\InstallLogs

Once you find the log to look at then go to that log and near the end of the log you would typically see a build failed with a cause for the failure.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

What if, we had our SQL is a instance and on the server which it is having some more instances. Then if we modify the Cypher suits then it will effect other instances also? 

I got RSA compatibility issue for ePO 5.3.3 as we there is a bug in 5.3.2 which stops upgrading directly to 5.9.1

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 14 of 14

Yes, it might affect them.  You may have to move it to a different sql server.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator