cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ffrodrigues
Level 7

Upgrade ePO Server from 4.6.1 to 4.6.5

Hi guys,

I would like to migrate ePO Server 4.6.1 to 4.6.5, but I need a step by step procudure to do that cause I am ePO newbie

Could anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Hayton
Level 17

Re: Upgrade ePO Server from 4.6.1 to 4.6.5

You posted in the Consumer Community-Interface section. This belongs in the Business ePO section, so I've moved it there.

Message was edited by: Hayton - correct typo -  on 13/02/13 09:15:07 GMT
0 Kudos
twenden
Level 13

You can easily upgrade from ePO 4.61 to 4.6.5. The patch installer will upgrade the version and preserves all your previous settings/polices etc. However, I will still recommend doing an backup of the ePO server as a precaution in case it fails to upgrade. Our ePO server is a VM so we can take a snapshot will allows us to quickly restore if needed.  All ePO patches are cumulative and contains all previous patches.

I have already upgraded our test server to 4.6.5 with no issues and will do the production server Friday AM.

Message was edited by: twenden on 2/13/13 7:15:30 AM CST
0 Kudos
ffrodrigues
Level 7

Thanks twenden,

Do I need to upgrade all agents installed on workstations and servers ?

0 Kudos
hem
Level 15

Agent versions mentioned in KB#: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51573&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=... will be compatible with ePO 4.6.5.

0 Kudos
alexn
Level 14

For Recovery and Backup you may follow this KB, and as told by Twenden, taking backup is good practice so in case it fails you ccould do a diseaster recovery.

KB66616

on 2/13/13 2:30:50 PM CST
0 Kudos