cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade ePO 5.1.1 to 5.3.2

Hi friends,

My environment currently has ePO 5.1.1 deployed which my company wants to upgrade to 5.3.2.

Tried looking out for some Intel Security (McAfee) published document however am not able to find any.

Would appreciate if experts can help me with this.

Thanks,

JN

4 Replies
McAfee Employee jappell
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Upgrade ePO 5.1.1 to 5.3.2

Here are a few articles that you should keep in mind.

McAfee KnowledgeBase - ePolicy Orchestrator 5.3.x Known Issues

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/26000/PD26542/en_US/...

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/26000/PD26596/en_US/...

As with any upgrade always make sure you get a nice current backup of your ePO and EPO database on SQL. The upgrade should be straightforward but as with anything that is IT, your mileage may vary so be prepared. If you have support with McAfee you could always open a ticket and get an updated opinion as these guys take these calls all day long.

Thanks ja2013.

Unfortunately we don't have the support currently.

Not sure, how can I get the help from the McAfee support team.

mmcgary
Level 12
Message 4 of 5

There's not really much to it. Make backups, follow the checklist and then go for the upgrade.

McAfee KnowledgeBase - ePolicy Orchestrator installation/patch upgrade checklist for known issues

McAfee Employee jappell
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Incremental upgrades do not usually cause issues but can induce issues that you hadn't planned on. As mmcgary mentioned it is usually a case of run setup and advance the screens until you receive your upgrade. Make sure you take the needed backups of the ePO and SQL just in case murphys law pays you a visit. Do your homework and you will probably be in good shape.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator