cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Required

Jump to solution
Dear Support Team, Currently we do have EPO 5.3.3 and update required, Please dial in and do the needful for upgrade. Thanks & Regards Oliver Moris IT - Manager Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai - UAE Mobile : +971507086799
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Upgrade Required

Jump to solution

Hi @OliverMoris,

Thank you for your post. I am afraid Call backs and remote sessions are not possible via Community forum posts.

We recommend you to create a Service Request with us to avail this service and one of our  Support Engineers should be able to assist you with the same.

Create a Service Request: https://support.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/supportportal/pages_serviceRequests/createSR

*Note: Please remove any sensitive information like phone number, Organization name, etc as this is a public forum accessible by almost all Internet users.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Note also that this is break-fix support, so we don't just do upgrades for you.  We will troubleshoot any failures, but I would suggest the following to help prevent any failures.

Go through kb71825, run the pre installation auditor tool and resolve any issues found.

Run IISCrypto on both epo and sql servers, choose best practices and reboot.  This helps ensure all the right protocols and ciphers are enabled that the newer versions of epo needs.

Clean up the epo install directory - remove any backup folders you may have created in the install directory, delete or move out all db\events\debug files, clear out old logs in the server\logs folder, and with epo services off, you can clear out the server\temp directory.  

Ensure you have sufficient drive space on sql and epo servers - preferably 3x existing epo install folder size free space, as well as same for db size free space.

Ensure the sql account has sufficient rights - preferably SA during the upgrade.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi @OliverMoris,

Thank you for your post. I am afraid Call backs and remote sessions are not possible via Community forum posts.

We recommend you to create a Service Request with us to avail this service and one of our  Support Engineers should be able to assist you with the same.

Create a Service Request: https://support.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/supportportal/pages_serviceRequests/createSR

*Note: Please remove any sensitive information like phone number, Organization name, etc as this is a public forum accessible by almost all Internet users.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Note also that this is break-fix support, so we don't just do upgrades for you.  We will troubleshoot any failures, but I would suggest the following to help prevent any failures.

Go through kb71825, run the pre installation auditor tool and resolve any issues found.

Run IISCrypto on both epo and sql servers, choose best practices and reboot.  This helps ensure all the right protocols and ciphers are enabled that the newer versions of epo needs.

Clean up the epo install directory - remove any backup folders you may have created in the install directory, delete or move out all db\events\debug files, clear out old logs in the server\logs folder, and with epo services off, you can clear out the server\temp directory.  

Ensure you have sufficient drive space on sql and epo servers - preferably 3x existing epo install folder size free space, as well as same for db size free space.

Ensure the sql account has sufficient rights - preferably SA during the upgrade.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community