Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DuongLe
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 14

Upgrade EPO 5.1.1 to 5.3.3 and 5.10

I am about to upgrade EPO 5.1.1 to 5.3.3 then 5.10. But I can't find EPO533 file to execute. Please send me step by step document for this task.

13 Replies
Reliable Contributor vnaidu
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 14

Re: Upgrade EPO 5.1.1 to 5.3.3 and 5.10

Dear @DuongLe ,

I would like you to know that you could download and install - EPO 533 Version 5.3.3.279, whcih is available from the McAfee download site. Https://mcafee.com/downloads/downloads.aspx, you should have a valid grant number and email address to access this site.

Once you login to the above link, you can uncheck the box "Show only the latest version", by doing this; you could see all the available versions of McAfee software.

Please keep in mind that, incremental upgrades do not usually cause issues but can induce issues that you hadn't planned on. Ensure you take the necessary backups of the ePO and SQL.

Go through the below article before you prepare for upgrade:
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB71825

How to upgrade ePO 5.3.x, please read the below article:
https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Documents/How-to-Upgrade-to-ePO-5-3/ta-p/552692

I hope the above information helps. If you find this informaiton is helpful, you may accept as a solution or click on the Kudos.

Regards,

Venu
McAfee Employee vivs
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 14

Hello,

Thanks for your post!

For downloading the ePO 5.3.3, please go to the Product Download Site

Select Management Solution>Uncheck the Show Only latest version and after that select ePO 5.3 ( See below Screenshot)
Download ePO 5.3.3.PNGDownload ePo 5.3.3_1.PNG

Please check the below KB article for the Supported Operating System and SQL versions:

Supported platforms, environments, and operating systems for ePolicy Orchestrator 

Please make sure that you are checking the below KB article for the ciphers suites:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87731 

You can also run the IIS Crypto tool and select the best practices after that please make sure that you are rebooting the machines.

1.png2.png3.png

If the ciphers are not set ePO upgradation will get failed.

Before starting the upgrade please refer the below KB article and please make sure that you are taking the backup of the ePO Server and ePO Database

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66616 

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB71825

Please run the ePIP tool before upgrade and please pass all the checklist and fix all the errors/warnings.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

DuongLe
Level 9
Message 4 of 14

Hi vivs;
Thank you for your support. My Hard copy contain "Grant Number" is lost because of change of employee. So can i find it in my current running EPO.

I tried this number several times but it not correct.lic.jpg

McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 14

Hi DuongLe,

If you have an issue related your Grant number or if you would like to change the contact details in your account, you can contact customer care as we Support do not have much information available with us. Also you can contact your SAM (Sales Account Manager). 

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/home/contact-us.html

And the one which you are showing is an EPO License key which is associated your Grant number. 

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 14

You can also call customer service (not tech support) and they can assist to give you your grant number.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

DuongLe
Level 9
Message 7 of 14

Hi there,

I downloaded file and started to upgrade. But the installer run to "running core component installer. Please wait..." then roll back , The EPO 5.3.3 appeared and be disappeared after that.  EPO could be not install. Please help me.

McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 14

Hi DuongLe,

Did you run EPIPA tool before you start the installation. You need to check core-upgrade.log in %temp%\McAfeeLogs\ePO5100‑Troubleshoot\MFS  and EPO5.3-Install‑MSI.log. 

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 14

What were the errors in the install log?  The msi log will probably show a return value 3 entry and above that will be what failed and what specific log it wrote to.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community