cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Upgrade EPO 4 to 4.5 or 4.6?

Currently running EPO 4 Patchy 7.  I know it goes EOL this September.  I was debating on upgrading to either 4.5 or 4.6.  I know that 4.6 just came out so I was a little hesitant but at the same time is it worth upgrading to an already 2 year old product.  Thoughts?

3 Replies

Re: Upgrade EPO 4 to 4.5 or 4.6?

Without knowing your environment it's hard to say. I haven't heard any legitimate horror stories, so I don't see much of a point in holding back.

Take some time to review the list of supported/unsupported products before making the jump. You may find that you need to upgrade something else before you can go all the way... ePO 4.5  vs. ePO 4.6.

--Joel E.

McAfee Employee ekrocket
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Also, NO MATTER WHAT, make a copy of the DB and EPO using article

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66616&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=...

that way in case something does happen you can roll back.

In my case i would prefer to upgrade to ePO 4.5P4 because I usually never uprade to products without patch/service pack. One patch 1 for ePO 4.6 is RTW then you can see if it solves some bugs you could be interested in and then upgrade if you want.

MPower Badge Now Available
Customers attending MPower can earn a community badge. Check into the MPower forum and say hi to have the badge awarded to your community profile.