cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Upgrade 3.61 to 4.0

DVANMETER,

what should i say, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. 🙂

i will try it with a VMWARE, its cool, i can take the same IP and Name as my REAL SERVER but then he can sleep for a while.

Okay, is this right, when the VMWARE is running fine i can stop him and update my real Server in all the STEPS where i updated the VMWARE EPO SERVER?! Yes?!?

Cool, i thank you and wish you a really fine weekend.

with best regards
André Jansen

i wouldn't even worry about changing the ip address, you really dont need to worry about the communication with the clients to the Server in the vmware. Its just a copy of the system with the clients and data to test the upgrade. The main server will still be in production. Plus the clients wont really work I dont think unless you import the servers certs into the vmware one. Again it would only be a stale copy for the test of upgrading so you might elimate a few surprises.
Highlighted

Hi,

now i have convert my Server with VMWARE CONVERTER to a Virtual PC and now can i play ;).

a little question: how i uninstall all the Sensors in my Net and Subnet. Deploy is very easy but how i can they kill em all.???!!

my second Problem is does i can not upgrade from SQL 2000 Server Std. to SQL 2005 Server Std. The DB connect is fine and all the rest shows good but if i start the installer i had a error from MSIEXEC, RUNTIME ERROR.

The log about this says nothing only that i started a install, not more.

You can make a list of all computers in 3.6, then just go back and deploy sensors to those boxes, or you can start fresh. Here is a script that will remove the older sensors from a remote computer, you just need admin rights to the machines and wmi,msi must be working correctly. You can replace the strcomputer variable to equal "." for it to run on the local host. Depends on how many you have, either run in a login script if you detect a rogue sensor, or just go down your list and run the script on each

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Error Resume Next

strComputer = (InputBox("Remove Old Rogue Sensors 1.x." & vbNewline & " " & vbNewline & "Requirements:" & vbNewline & "1. Access to WMI on remote system." & vbNewline & "2. You must be logged in locally with an account that has admin rights on the remote system." & vbNewline & " " & vbNewline & "Please enter a computer name or IP below:" ,_
"Remove old Rogue Sensors 1.x: Created by Daniel VanMeter"))

'if Cancel selected - exit
If (strComputer = "") Then Wscript.Quit

Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
& "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")

'McAfee Rogue System Detection Sensor
Set colJava41dot2 = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
("Select * from Win32_Product Where Name = 'McAfee Rogue System Sensor 1.0.0'")
For Each objSoftware in colJava41dot2
objSoftware.Uninstall()
Next
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best Thx´s

Thank you for your Powerful Help.

My Server is now running fine und i upgraded my SQL 2000 SP4 DB to SQL 2005, my Problem was that the MSIEXEC was corrupt, i unregister the MSIEXEC, del 3 Files from msiexec and install them new after a reboot.

Then the installation goes fine.

My epo is downloading Updates and the Repositorys are upgrading.

Now i must learn the new EPO Overview, it is cool that i can now connect everywhere but hard is that the view is not easy and all is now a little bit more hidden.

in my next step i bind the VMWARE Server in our ESX System and that´s cool.

Okay, again, Thank you. wink wink

RE: Best Thx´s

once you get use to the epo 4.0 interface and setup some of the automation task you use to have to do manually you will love it

RE: Best Thx´s

I'll be in this same boat soon. Good information here. I'll also be testing offline in vmware beforehand.
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community