cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Updating username in DB

Hi,

So, AD user name was changed and I had to login to sql to update with the new user name.

For some reason, I can't access ePO console with the new user name.

8 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 9

Re: Updating username in DB

Is that the account epo is using to authenticate to the database with?  Is it a Windows account or an sql account?  If Windows, make sure it is also a local admin on the epo server.  What specifically did you update in sql?  Does the account have the appropriate permissions?  Is it dbowner of the database?  Did you go to https://localhost:8443/core/config on the local epo server to reset credentials there?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

we use AD account to access ePO server.

AD User  Name has been  changed by a different group in AD.

Since we didn't update the new user name for all of us in ePO, we decided to update it in DB.

I ran the following update statement.

update OrionUsers set name='username' where ID='Numeric'

I can see the new user name has been udpated.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 9

It is better to reset it in epo, but then the question is, how are your users set up?  Are they mapped to ad groups in permission sets?  If so, you may need to log in with an epo admin account (epo authentication) to re-map the users to the different ou's.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

We added users AD username in ePO (ePO Authentication). The problem is our access is not working neither.

It works fine when accessing the DB though.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 9

Please open a ticket with McAfee so we can look into it.  This will require some log analysis

Was my reply helpful?

I have created an SR and engineer recommended to change the Admin password using the ePOIP 310 tool . The issue now is  changing password shows successful and test connection is good as well. But when we try to access Mcafee Console still shows wrong user name or password.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 9

That may indicate then that you have issues with database connectivity.  You would get that message with a valid username/password if database connectivity is failing.  What does the orion log show? 

Was my reply helpful?

OrionLog.PNG

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support
  • The McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in is now available in the Software Manager. Follow the instructions in the Product Guide for more.