Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apoling
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

UpdateIPAddress exception in Orion.log

Hello,

just noticed that we have lots of lines like this in our ePO 4.0 Patch 6 server Orion.log:

2010-04-09 07:44:30,885 WARN  [orionSmiley Tongueool-1-thread-3] webshield.PollServers  -
2010-04-09 07:45:30,868 WARN  [orionSmiley Tongueool-1-thread-5] webshield.PollServers  - webshield.Pollservers - UpdateIPAddress exception

(repeats)

(We have EWS 5.1 appliances connected to ePO)

Anyone have an idea of what is happening? There is no other piece of information next tio these so I am at a loss.

Thank you in advance.

Attila

2 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: UpdateIPAddress exception in Orion.log

I'm not sure what this means, as I'm not an EWS expert, I'm afraid - but ePO is flagging these events as WARN not ERROR, so it shouldn't really be causing any problems. Are you seeing any particular issues, or is it just the messages in the log?

Regards -

Joe

apoling
Level 14
Message 3 of 3

Re: UpdateIPAddress exception in Orion.log

Hello,

there are some other exceptions in this log, whihc I assume not related to the one I described here, these are related to AverAlerts service being unable to do something.

But the WARNings just keep being spawned, which cannot be healthy I suppose. Even if they are warnings. I must be told what they mean to look at them as ignorables.

Attila