Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor Daniel_S
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Update to ePO 5.3.3 problem with duplicate agents

Jump to solution

Hey guys,

I tried to update my ePO from 5.3.2 to 5.3.3 last friday.

Yesterday i found my systemtree populated with triple the size in systems than on friday.

Some systems are duplicated twice, some like 4-5 times and some not at all.

They were sorted into different subtrees and as such got different policies and tasks assigned which resulted in a total mess.

I reverted back to the snapshot before the update.

Now I only have a few systems reporting in twice, each time with and rotating information. It all seems to relate to the ad-sync-tasks which somehow seem to be the reason for this faulty beahavior.

Let´s take system a which as description has a. It´s there twice, one time with full info and one time just the name.

So i delete both of them, and run a fresh ad-sync -> one system appears.

After the agent communicates with the epo I have two systems. After deleting them and redo the sync all of a sudden system a has description b from a completey other system out of my infrastructure.

On most of my systems doing a fresh reinstall of the agent seems to fix the problem.

Has anyone here experienced something similar?

Any tips here on how to figure this out?

I ran the preinstallation tool and all was fine but the rsa2048bit check. After reverting back to the snapshot from before the update I would have expected that everything would opperate normal as before.

Best regards

Dan

Best regards
Dan
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Update to ePO 5.3.3 problem with duplicate agents

Jump to solution

Just for the case that someone has the same problems.

In our case all this behaviour was caused because the clients were connecting via VPN an as such had all the same MAC-Adresses.

This in combination with the AD-Sync task caused duplicates on the one site and the deletion of others systems connectin also via VPN on the other side.

The solution was to stick to the following KB:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB52949

Best regards
Dan
2 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Short Update here:
The affected systems seem to fetch one of the UIDs from another system and kick that one out of the ePO.

After the other systems report back in to the ePO the probelmatic systems get completely removed from ePO.

I created a service ticket with McAfee

Best regards
Dan
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Just for the case that someone has the same problems.

In our case all this behaviour was caused because the clients were connecting via VPN an as such had all the same MAC-Adresses.

This in combination with the AD-Sync task caused duplicates on the one site and the deletion of others systems connectin also via VPN on the other side.

The solution was to stick to the following KB:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB52949

Best regards
Dan
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community