cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update standalone clients from ePO UNC repository

Jump to solution

Hi

we are using ePO 4.6.6 and we have some Clients in physically seperated networks in their own workgroup with no internet connection.

These clients have a standalone installation of the McAfee virusscan Enterprise 8.8.

We set up a UNC repository to have the updates .

The plan is to copy this repository to a share in the separate network so all clients there can get the updates from this share.

I configured the autoupdate repository list on one client and tried to update but it ended up wit "catalog.z is corrupt" and "no valid repository found".

Is this a possible way to update these clients?

Or is this catalog.z somehow "signed" so only ePO client accept it?

any help appreciated

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tao
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 6

Re: Update standalone clients from ePO UNC repository

Jump to solution

Saw this in another post; copy contents of ftp://ftp.nai.com/CommonUpdater and place the contents in a shared network directory, setting permissions on the share accordingly ..... Setup a new ''Source Site'' on the Client and point it to your UNC share you have created on the network containing the synced contents of the online NAI site, and the user account with access.

5 Replies
tao
Level 13
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

I believe that catalog.z is signed w/a hashed value; I would suggest a Super Agent yet with your current setup of standalone installation of VSE not sure if that would work. 

Jump to solution

As I understand a SuperAgent this machine must have Connection to the ePO to receive the updates and provide them to the other clients in the subnet.

This won't work as these clients are in a physically seperated network, no connection to the ePO possible

tao
Level 13
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Saw this in another post; copy contents of ftp://ftp.nai.com/CommonUpdater and place the contents in a shared network directory, setting permissions on the share accordingly ..... Setup a new ''Source Site'' on the Client and point it to your UNC share you have created on the network containing the synced contents of the online NAI site, and the user account with access.

Jump to solution

Thank you tao, this works.

Downloaded the files from the ftp, saved them in the share and the clients got their updates with no errors.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi, please see chapter 8 on distributed repositories. (epo 4.6 manual - http://www.mcafee.com/us/resources/misc/guides/ms-epo-product-guide.pdf )

Also this youtube video might help -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1U1HMdhXv0