Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
piosk
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Update check frequency - how check it by ePo

Hi

I have got ePo server 4.6.6 and Agents in versions 4.5.0.1852 (old systems) , and 4.8 (windows 8 and later) all together about 1300 computers in one LAN

recently i was instructed by my boss to explain why:

updates repository on linux based ftp server is being flooded with connections from all workstations with agent installed (it is over10 connections every sec each targeting mcafee update files)

I tried to find where can I configure options for frequency that Virus Scan is checkin for new updates in repository

I think i went throug all options in ePo but I can't find it.

Can anyone provide me some info how can I do that ?

I can find similar options  in Virus Scan Console in Autoupdate Task Properties , but it is 1300 computers.

any help would be nice

1 Reply

Re: Update check frequency - how check it by ePo

Hi

Update Tasks are configured as Client Task rather than Product Policies.

Client Tasks can be viewed from the System Tree Node using the CLient Task Tab. Take a look there and see if you have any tasks configured.

It might also be worth checking if you have Global Updating Enabled in Configuration>Server Settings.

Regards

Rich

Volunteer Moderator

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community