cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Software Repository - Failing

The automated task failed last night and manually running the task fails today (error log below):

5/22/19 11:17:16 AMStarted: Download Software Product List
5/22/19 11:17:16 AMStarted: Update Product Compatibility List Subtask
5/22/19 11:17:16 AMCompleted: Update Product Compatibility List Subtask (Successfully updated Product Compatibility List.)
5/22/19 11:17:16 AMDownloading product list.
5/22/19 11:17:16 AMDownloading file D:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\EPOLIC~1\DB\licensed_products_list.xml.tmp.
5/22/19 11:17:16 AMDownloading file D:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\EPOLIC~1\DB\trial_products_list.xml.tmp.
5/22/19 11:17:17 AMSuccessfully downloaded file D:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\EPOLIC~1\DB\licensed_products_list.xml.tmp.
5/22/19 11:17:22 AMSuccessfully downloaded file D:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\EPOLIC~1\DB\trial_products_list.xml.tmp.
5/22/19 11:17:22 AMAn unknown error occurred trying to download the file.
5/22/19 11:17:22 AMDownloading Translation Strings
5/22/19 11:17:22 AMDownloading file D:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\EPOLIC~1\DB\product_strings.xml.tmp.
5/22/19 11:17:22 AMSuccessfully downloaded file D:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\EPOLIC~1\DB\product_strings.xml.tmp.
5/22/19 11:17:22 AMAn unknown error occurred trying to download the file.

Is there a current issue with this on McAfee side?  This task has been successful the last few days or so.

3 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Update Software Repository - Failing

I know of no current issues with our site and was able to run it fine.  In the browser, see if you can get it manually from epo.mcafee.com/productcompatibilitylist.xml as a test.  Otherwise, check to see if you have a proxy or other network issues. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

I was able to get the XML file through a browser.  We do have lots of network filtering and this has been an issue in the past, but it's been fine for at least the last month or so.  This is the first time failing in a while.  I'll check with our network engineers.

Thanks!

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Ok, if they don't see anything, then you may need to get a wireshark capture and let us review it.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community