cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Master Repository Fail - Failed to download file catalog.z from site update.nai.com:80, error code 11004

This question is regarding ePO 5.1.0 Build 509, Windows Server 2008 R2, SQL2012.  This is a new install (~2 weeks), but I have been running prior versions of ePO (most recently 4.6.6 on Win2003 32bit).  Only a single client task was ported from my prior install.  My prior installation ran my Master Repository Update task hourly (overkill).  Occaisionally a task would fail...maybe every couple days (aka 1 out of 48 runs).  Ever since installation, for scheduled update pulls, I get the following error:

- Failed to download file catalog.z from site update.nai.com:80, error code 11004 ( The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found.  )

• When I run this task manually, it runs successfully...every time.
  • When I run the task hourly or daily, it fails
  • When I create a version of the same task under my own credentials (administrator rights but synched with AD), it fails
  • When I create a version of the same task under the original Admin credentials defined at setup and run it scheduled, it fails
  • Both http and ftp behave the same
  • No proxy is in place
  • I can access update.nai.com via my web browser and manually download the package and install it to my Master Repository
  • If the in-place package is deleted manually, it will run initially fine, but subsequent runs fail
  • Installed products being downloaded include VSCANDAT1000, VSCANENG1000, VIRUSCAN8800.  I have tried the synch with both "All products" and with only the three packages listed here defined as part of the task.  Behavior is consistent.

I am working with Gold Support, but have not made any progress in the past week.  Hoping perhaps that someone has encountered similar, or has some experience-based theories ;-)

Thanks for looking!

-Nick

1 Reply

Re: Update Master Repository Fail - Failed to download file catalog.z from site update.nai.com:80, error code 11004

Just in case you haven't fixed this yet...generally this error occurs if your connection out from the EPO application can't be made.  I received it when I had the wrong proxy settings or proxy authentication issues in my server setup.

Once I had the correct IP in for my proxy server and proper authentication account (I was going form one domain to another) it wporked fine.

Cheers

MPower Badge Now Available
Customers attending MPower can earn a community badge. Check into the MPower forum and say hi to have the badge awarded to your community profile.