cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Failed Unable to find a valid repository when deploying Rogue Sensor Detection RSD

Hi

I m using ePO 4.5 and MA 4.5 I m trying to install the RSD sensor 4.5 on my ePO server only but I keep gettings this message any one knows where to look in terms of log file or any directions on this will be appreciated.

15 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee spamidi
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 16

Re: Update Failed Unable to find a valid repository when deploying Rogue Sensor Detection RSD

Please post the mcscript.log and agent_<machine>.log after attempting the install via ePO. These are in the Agent data folder (Documents and Settings\All users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework.

Re: Update Failed Unable to find a valid repository when deploying Rogue Sensor Detection RSD

I think I needed to allow the firewall rules and restart the server after I deleted previous deployment taks for RSD

Question after I install the RSD on the ePO server and it shows as installed on  the product list should Detected Systems page shows sensors installed and covered network I cant see any sensors installed do I have to re deploy the agent or what snow cap policy looks like working fine and the ePO server network is not ignored not that ePO server will be the only server that will have the sensor on the network  and the RSD we dont have windows machines yet to test it

Also the IP address on the policy for RSD was different than the IP of the server so changing that solved the problem

McAfee Employee spamidi
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 16

missed this second post - good that you found the solution

McAfee Employee spamidi
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 16

Once you have installed the sensor (in your case you chose the ePO server system itself), it will communicate back to ePO on port 8444. For this to happen, it will need secure key files which are sent as part of the Agent server communication.  You can look at the Sensor installation folder for three files ending with .pem extension.

If they are present, then sensor should start communicating (look at RSSensor* log files for communication messages) and the subnet listed as covered.

Ok I checked it

I see on the RSSensorout log that the

the connection to the host : 8444 as you mentioned  is refused

I did add the locaservice 137 and the port  8444 on the remote service on the firwall policies and I did even added the RSSensor.exe on the trusted applications policy also saved and collect send probes

I found out also that I have key.pem

and root.pem

only  whats the third file I think may be thats what causing the issue

Policies are enforece but I still getting no sensors avilable any suggestions ?

That solved the problem for the installation I think but I still get 0 sensors

the only file that shows with RSSensor*log is also RSSensor.log.cfg not sure if this is the same file looks like a cfg file

Update

I see the missin pem file now but I m geting

Message was edited by: allamiro on 5/6/11 3:43:59 PM CDT
ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.