Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bandit61
Level 9

Update Agent for Linux with URL

Jump to solution

Hi,

vor deveopment we have about 10 ubuntu-vm's in our network. We installed McAfee and actual

we are running VSEL 2.03..29216 with Agent 5.03.272. Now we tried to send these users an

url for updating to Agent 5.04..449.

Copied the URL to the VM, opened the browser, added security exception and after 1.5h still

telling "the agent package is still being built". On the Vm's we use Firefox 51.0.1(64bit). The

ePo-server can be pinged from the VM.

What's going going? Do I have a log on the vm-ubuntu?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: Update Agent for Linux with URL

Jump to solution

​, When you paste the URL in that vm, it should prompt you to run/save the McAfee agent sh file. What I do is save the "McAfeeSmartInstall.sh" file in a directory. Then I open terminal, gain root access and simply issue the following command:

sh McAfeeSmartInstall.sh

0 Kudos
3 Replies
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

​, When you paste the URL in that vm, it should prompt you to run/save the McAfee agent sh file. What I do is save the "McAfeeSmartInstall.sh" file in a directory. Then I open terminal, gain root access and simply issue the following command:

sh McAfeeSmartInstall.sh

0 Kudos
bandit61
Level 9

Jump to solution

Moe Hassan, thats what I have been waiting for, the save/run. But over night the the page timed out. I'll downloaded a agentPackages.zip containing

-) install.sh

-) installdeb.sh

-) installrpm.sh

Using Ubuntu i'll go with the installdeb.sh and issue the command your proposing,.

THANKS!

0 Kudos
bandit61
Level 9

Jump to solution

easy doing, the command told me to use the switch -u to

update the agent!

0 Kudos