cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
it1024
Level 9

Unmanaged system has got agent installed

Hi,

Using ePO 5.3.0 and deploying McAfee agent 4.8.0.1938. There are two systems on the network which do not accept agent deployment. One is Windows7 and the other Windows10. On the Windows10 system I tried installing the agent using framepkg.exe. The agent installed and seems to communicate with the ePO. ePO can ping the system and when waking up the agent it reports successful but the system managed state is still unmanaged! Another point is that the "Agent to Server communication interval" is set 60min on ePO but shows as 5min on the agent!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
kmc
Level 12

Re: Unmanaged system has got agent installed

Hi

I belive this is due to Duplicate host entries exist in the System Tree. It is not easily identified at first glance that duplicate entries exist because the computer may exist under a different group in the System Tree.  hope below article will help you to resolve the issue.

McAfee KnowledgeBase - After importing a computer into the System Tree, it is reported as Unmanaged,...

Regards,

KMC

0 Kudos
it1024
Level 9

Hi kmc,

Thank you so much for your answer. Actually this is not the issue. I checked the query and no duplicate entries were found. My surprise is that how the system wake up reports successful while the system state is unmanaged!!!!

0 Kudos
it1024
Level 9

0 Kudos
kmc
Level 12

Have you check in last & found group? sometimes it shows manged under it.

0 Kudos
it1024
Level 9

Hi

Thank you again for your reply. Unfortunately there is no system under Lost&Found category!

Let me review one more time:

- ping works fine

- agent installed locally

- system wake up reports successful

- in Network Settings for the agent "Agent to Server communication interval" is set to 5min while it should be 60!

- in the system information in ePO it shows no products installed.

- and consequently the system state is Unmanaged.

0 Kudos
DavHio
Level 9

Hello,

Was the Framepkg exported from your ePO or a standalone?

Have you tried to re-deploy the agent using the ePO?

Whats the info about ePOServerList in the computers local registry?

0 Kudos
it1024
Level 9

Hi

thank you so much for your coment.

Was the Frame...? It was exported from ePO.

Have you tried...? Several times.

Whats the info...? Could you please be more specific! What kind of info I should look for? On client's registry or server?

Thank you for your kind help.

0 Kudos
DavHio
Level 9

Hello

On the Client, check this registry key:

On 64-bit OS:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Agent

On 32-bit OS:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Agent

Check so that the value of ePOServerList matches your ePO server and port

All the settings under Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Agent is important for the client to be able to communicate with the ePO server.

Check also that the AgenGUID, AgentWakeUpPort, binsphash and SequenceNumber values is poupated

/Dave

0 Kudos
maher10
Level 7

same problem for me , i think more reasons one of them mcafee vse rules such as prevent sw from installing from temp 

0 Kudos