cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Unable to upgrade machines from VSE to ENS due to rule "Sanitize Selected MA Processes"

• So need a little help. In the middle of upgrading my clients from VSE to ENS using EPO and get a failed message for the software push with an error of "respository not found"

On the client I am seeing this message in the logs. Have added both files noted in the log bellow to my VSE access protection policy under rules\common standard protection with no luck getting the product upgraded from VSE to ENS. 

Am I missing a location to add these files under VSE  policies? 

2018-08-09 16:15:39.717 mfemactl(1780.2640) mfemactl.Info: The process <C:\PROGRAM FILES\MCAFEE\AGENT\MCSCRIPT_INUSE.EXE>(1760) was blocked from accessing('CREATE' (1)) <AAC_OBJECT_SECTION:C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\LSKPROXY.DLL> via the rule <Sanitize selected MA Processes>
2 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to upgrade machines from VSE to ENS due to rule "Sanitize Selected MA Processes&quot

You might want to open a ticket with McAfee to get the sysprep tool to add the dll to the McAfee trust store.  That appears to belong to a LanSchool product.  If the dll is unsigned, that might be a problem.  You migh also want to check to see if there are any updates for that software, especially if that is currently unsigned.  Please refer to KB88085 for more info on that.

Re: Unable to upgrade machines from VSE to ENS due to rule "Sanitize Selected MA Processes&

You are correct in that it is unsigned.  Thank you for the direction as it was helpful.