cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update clients

Jump to solution

Hello,

I've updated the Agent and the VSE to a newer version using Software manager for the master repository and pushed it to the current branch , the client won't able to take these updates even though I've a client task to update them automatically. the clients still on the old versions. it's a product update task with a daily schedule.

Thank you for your support

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unable to update clients

Jump to solution

Did you create a Product Install task, or a Product Update task?

It's a weird idiosyncrasy of the McAfee stack, but some products (DXL, TIE, Agent, etc.) will update by using the full installer, installed via a Product Install task.  Other products, such as VSE, have a separate update package that must be checked and, and then the upgrade run with a Product Update task.

4 Replies

Jump to solution

Did you create a Product Install task, or a Product Update task?

It's a weird idiosyncrasy of the McAfee stack, but some products (DXL, TIE, Agent, etc.) will update by using the full installer, installed via a Product Install task.  Other products, such as VSE, have a separate update package that must be checked and, and then the upgrade run with a Product Update task.

Jump to solution

Hi, Thank you for your reply.

I've a product update task with all package checked.

So that means i need a product deployment task with Install option ?

Jump to solution

Product update task should work.

Jump to solution

I think it's working for me now. I've added a product deployment task with daily schedule in addition of the product update task with daily schedule also.

Thank you guys for your help

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community