cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update clients

Jump to solution

Hello,

I've updated the Agent and the VSE to a newer version using Software manager for the master repository and pushed it to the current branch , the client won't able to take these updates even though I've a client task to update them automatically. the clients still on the old versions. it's a product update task with a daily schedule.

Thank you for your support

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unable to update clients

Jump to solution

Did you create a Product Install task, or a Product Update task?

It's a weird idiosyncrasy of the McAfee stack, but some products (DXL, TIE, Agent, etc.) will update by using the full installer, installed via a Product Install task.  Other products, such as VSE, have a separate update package that must be checked and, and then the upgrade run with a Product Update task.

4 Replies

Jump to solution

Did you create a Product Install task, or a Product Update task?

It's a weird idiosyncrasy of the McAfee stack, but some products (DXL, TIE, Agent, etc.) will update by using the full installer, installed via a Product Install task.  Other products, such as VSE, have a separate update package that must be checked and, and then the upgrade run with a Product Update task.

Jump to solution

Hi, Thank you for your reply.

I've a product update task with all package checked.

So that means i need a product deployment task with Install option ?

Jump to solution

Product update task should work.

Jump to solution

I think it's working for me now. I've added a product deployment task with daily schedule in addition of the product update task with daily schedule also.

Thank you guys for your help