cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send mails from ePO

Hello ,

It seems my ePO can't send out emails anymore . Scheduled reports, manual reports export , etc ...nothing .

It worked just fine until a week ago , now it's dead :

Failed: Email File was unsuccessful due to an unknown error. The message could not be sent because of an unexpected error.

looked through AP logs to eliminate the obvious , no hits under the mass mailing block

Telnet on port 25 on the SMTP server works

Even checked the win event viewer logs ... all looking good .

any tips?

12 Replies
mbauman8
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 13

Re: Unable to send mails from ePO

are there a lot of unprozessed events under \db\events ?

and

dos a reboot of the epo give you same mail ? ( some short time)

a restart of the ePO servies can fix it, but you should be looking in the ePO log files for the reason why it's not sending emails

hello ,

i restarted the ePO processes ...no good , I still get the same error .

The event folder has 2 sub folders :

Debug - filled with logs , but all that i randomly opened were related to malware or Gshield

Unknown - empty

next step would be rebooting the ePO ...but this needs to be coordinated .

What happens when you try to send an test mail via the server settings - email connfiguration?

same error

Could you make sure that ePO has access rights to your exhcange server (or servers)

yeah ... on it (as it's not under my management) , but in the meantime i get another error

The message could not be sent because a connection could not be established with the SMTP server.

no idea what went on , but at least now I have something to start with ... prolly another CR went wrong ...

I have the same problem here..

I have an client running epo server as stand alone 4.6.5 recently updated and i can't configure the server to send query results,  event notifications etc.

I justa wanna know how to trace this error, because the message given are not useful to debug this problem...

What i've done?

1- Checked if i can telnet the exchange server from the epo server, sucess.

2- Checked the email configuration from epo server, there a strange behavior.. when testing sending emails for a internal domain adress, it runs with sucess, but when i try to send for any external domains like gmail etc... it shows me " The message could not be sent because of an unexpected error.  "

3- Checked the acess protection policies of the virusscan on epo server.

4- Checked most logs on DB\logs\ nothing found.

5- Cheked the agent logs, nothing found

6- Checked acess protection logs.. nothing found.

My client checked the exchange and can't trace any problem from there on this service account, i need to show him at least a log with something useful to search a little bit more.

Any ideas?

alexn
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 10 of 13

All,

Please under ePO server settings there is configuration for your exchange server and email id where ePO will send email, plz configure that.

2.If you have VSE installed then under antivirus standard protection ther is rule Prtect mass mailing worm from sending emails, exclude tomcat5.exe and tomcat7.exe (for epo 5.0) and aopply.

Also restart application se4rvice.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community