cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Unable to login to ePO

Jump to solution

Anyone know how to deal with this? We were unable to login to our ePO, we know our password is correct. Thanks!

2018-05-10 22:38:53,053 ERROR [http-nio-8443-exec-22] server.OrionLoginModule  - Failed login attempt due runtime exception
com.mcafee.orion.core.audit.AuditLogWriteException: Failed to write audit log entry: com.mcafee.orion.core.audit.AuditLog@5bddf11c[m_id=-1,m_tenantId=1,m_orionUserId=1,m_userName=admin,m_priority=3,m_cmdName=Logon Attempt,m_message=Successful Logon for user "admin" from IP address: fe80:0:0:0:f5f0:f353:53ae:ff4d%12,m_success=true,m_startTime=2018-05-10 22:38:53.038,m_endTime=2018-05-10 22:38:53.038,m_remoteAddress=fe80:0:0:0:f5f0:f353:53ae:ff4d%12]
    at com.mcafee.orion.core.audit.AuditLogWriterImpl.writeAuditLogEntry(AuditLogWriterImpl.java:99)
    at com.mcafee.orion.core.server.OrionLoginModule.auditLoginAttempt(OrionLoginModule.java:990)
    at com.mcafee.orion.core.server.OrionLoginModule.auditLoginAttempt(OrionLoginModule.java:919)
    at com.mcafee.orion.core.server.OrionLoginModule.auditSuccessfulLogin(OrionLoginModule.java:892)
    at com.mcafee.orion.core.server.OrionLoginModule.authenticate(OrionLoginModule.java:436)
    at com.mcafee.orion.core.server.OrionLoginModule.login(OrionLoginModule.java:126)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
    at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invoke(LoginContext.java:755)
    at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.access$000(LoginContext.java:195)
    at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$4.run(LoginContext.java:682)
    at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$4.run(LoginContext.java:680)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invokePriv(LoginContext.java:680)
    at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.login(LoginContext.java:587)
    at org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm.authenticate(JAASRealm.java:433)
    at org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm.authenticate(JAASRealm.java:354)
    at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.FormAuthenticator.authenticate(FormAuthenticator.java:294)
    at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:449)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:950)
    at com.mcafee.orion.core.server.mfsvalve.ValveContext.invokeNextInChain(ValveContext.java:27)
    at com.mcafee.orion.core.server.AccessControlValveHook.invoke(AccessControlValveHook.java:82)
    at com.mcafee.orion.core.server.mfsvalve.ValveContext.invokeNextInChain(ValveContext.java:25)
    at com.mcafee.orion.core.server.mfsvalve.MfsValve.invoke(MfsValve.java:38)
    at com.mcafee.orion.core.server.AjaxValve.invoke(AjaxValve.java:84)
    at com.mcafee.orion.core.server.OrionUserSetupValve.invoke(OrionUserSetupValve.java:34)
    at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn.invoke(SingleSignOn.java:312)
    at com.mcafee.orion.core.server.OrionSingleSignOn.invoke(OrionSingleSignOn.java:219)
    at com.mcafee.orion.core.server.ClientCertValve.invoke(ClientCertValve.java:61)
    at com.mcafee.orion.core.server.ExternalAuthenticationStrategyExtPointValve.invoke(ExternalAuthenticationStrategyExtPointValve.java:99)
    at com.mcafee.orion.core.server.ParameterEncodingValve.invoke(ParameterEncodingValve.java:34)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteIpValve.invoke(RemoteIpValve.java:683)
    at com.mcafee.orion.core.server.ThreadLocalInfoCleanupValve.invoke(ThreadLocalInfoCleanupValve.java:21)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1070)
    at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:611)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1736)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(NioEndpoint.java:1695)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Invalid object name 'OrionAuditLog'.
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SQLDiagnostic.addDiagnostic(SQLDiagnostic.java:373)
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.tdsErrorToken(TdsCore.java:2985)
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.nextToken(TdsCore.java:2418)
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.getMoreResults(TdsCore.java:668)
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.processResults(JtdsStatement.java:614)
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.executeSQL(JtdsStatement.java:573)
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(JtdsPreparedStatement.java:727)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor325.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
    at com.mcafee.orion.core.db.sqlserver.JtdsStatementRetryInvocationHandler.invoke(JtdsStatementRetryInvocationHandler.java:87)
    at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy5.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:105)
    at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:105)
    at com.mcafee.orion.core.db.base.DatabaseObject.addInternal(DatabaseObject.java:142)
    at com.mcafee.orion.core.db.base.DatabaseObject.add(DatabaseObject.java:128)
    at com.mcafee.orion.core.db.base.DatabaseObject.add(DatabaseObject.java:177)
    at com.mcafee.orion.core.audit.AuditLogWriterImpl.writeAuditLogEntry(AuditLogWriterImpl.java:93)
    ... 46 more

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 8 of 10

Re: Unable to login to ePO

Jump to solution

Ok, I talked to an encryption expert.  He said for now, they can possibly authenticate with userid and password that resides on machine for encryption.  Otherwise, there is other alternative.

Since this epo is broken, with no backup, you might want to reinstall epo fresh.  You would have to set up your policies all over again and deploy agents.  When the agents connect to the new epo server, they will upload their recovery info, so you will be able to recover that as they check in.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

9 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

java.sql.SQLException: Invalid object name 'OrionAuditLog'.

That is not a good error.  When did this issue start and what changed?  Do you have sufficient drive space on sql server?  You might have to restore database from day before this started.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

ePO 5.3.1 to 5.9.0 upgrade failed then it roll back. After that we cannot login anymore.

We were told that upgrade is usually seamless so we don't have any backup.

Yes, we have enough space on the drive.

Our ePO is serving Drive Encryption for 200 users. We cannot recover anything.

What should we do? Do we have any alternative?

Thanks cdinet

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

Never make major changes without any backups!  None at all?  When an upgrade doesn't roll back properly, there is no alternative but to restore from previous version.  The table is probably there, but wasn't renamed back to its original name (without mt at end of name).  You can open a ticket with McAfee, maybe we can run some of the rollback scripts to see if it can help, but there is no guarantee.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Unfortunately there is none. We already created a ticket (4-18729296417) but we can't stop worrying.

I was wondering if there's a way to extract the recovery info files for all the systems without logging in to ePO?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

I will have your case owner check with the encryption team to see if that is possible.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Thank you cdinet. Appreciate the help.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

Ok, I talked to an encryption expert.  He said for now, they can possibly authenticate with userid and password that resides on machine for encryption.  Otherwise, there is other alternative.

Since this epo is broken, with no backup, you might want to reinstall epo fresh.  You would have to set up your policies all over again and deploy agents.  When the agents connect to the new epo server, they will upload their recovery info, so you will be able to recover that as they check in.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Hi cdinet,

This is the options that we're going to take. I just tested it and it works.

Thank you for your help. Please give our regards to your encryption expert friend.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

Glad to assist!

Was my reply helpful?

MPower Badge Now Available
Customers attending MPower can earn a community badge. Check into the MPower forum and say hi to have the badge awarded to your community profile.