cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install RSD 2.0

I am trying to install RSD 2.0 but it fails with the following error. Any ideas? There does not appear to be anything in the log files to suggest why the installation has failed.

Setup has encountered the error:

FAILURE: In LaunchAppAndWait while trying to run the following program:

For more information, search for the error in the RSDSRV200-Install-MSI.LOG file, located in the logged-on user’s Temp directory.

(Note: Close Setup before searching this log file to ensure all data is written to it.)

Depending on the error, more information may be available in the log files listed below.

In the logged-on user’s Temp directory:

RSDSRV200-CommonSetup.log

These log files are needed by Technical Support when troubleshooting installation issues.
6 Replies
notime
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

RE: Unable to install RSD 2.0

Corporate KnowledgeBase ID: KB59825

https://kc.mcafee.com
Reliable Contributor tonyb99
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Installation of RSD 2.0 fails if ePO does not use the DB Owner account to connect to SQL

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB59825&actp=search&searchid=1234883895591

KB59825
Reliable Contributor tonyb99
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 7

lol took me 5 minutes to get the correct link copied

happy Thanks. I already had our SQL guys check and update that. Still fails.

Ah, hang on - I think our DB is associated with a domain account. Is there article referring to the epo global admin account?

Whats the OS you use ?
MPower Badge Now Available
Customers attending MPower can earn a community badge. Check into the MPower forum and say hi to have the badge awarded to your community profile.