Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eilirw
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Unable to find a valid repository

Installed mcafee agent (patch1) framepkg.exe on server platform running windows 2003 R2, standard edition. Agent seems to be communicating with the ePO server and collects its tasks however on a schedular process invoking a task  produces an 'unable to find a valid repository'. Whilst logged on to server I am able to browse to the UNC share of the secondary repositories. Looking at the McScript.log file and have noticed an error when connecting to the UNC path, "NaInet library returned code ==-19", I don't know whether this has anything to do with the initial error message. Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Epo 4.0 patch 4

VirusScan 8.7i

McAfee Agent 4.0 (Patch1)

2 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to find a valid repository

Please download and use the McAfee Agent 4.0 Patch 3 (4.0.0.1494) - there are several UNC share issues resolved since Patch 1 build of the agent and it helps to try this build.

For a list of issues that are fixed since Patch 1, review the MA 4.0 Patch 3 release notes document here (PD22117):

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/22000/PD22117/en_US/...

eilirw
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to find a valid repository

Many thanks for your suggestion. It transpires that the fault was with a local system build issue whereby a drive was unavailable for files to be extracted to. Fault now cleared. Many thanks.