Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhg
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 13

Unable to exclude subfolders from On-demand scans

Jump to solution
Hi, When trying to also exclude sub-directories of exclusions when configuring Custom On-demand Scans (Endpoint Security Threat Prevention: Custom On-demand Scan ), the checkbox is disabled. I tried to enter the directories with w/ and w/o wildcards and w/ and w/o ending "\". And of course also different browsers and different (admin) accounts. Any idea? Thanks, Martin
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mhg
Level 8
Message 12 of 13

Re: Unable to exclude subfolders from On-demand scans

Jump to solution

OK, I was close to give up.

After updating the ENS extensions as suggested did not fix the problem, I was close open a support ticket or start a clean re-install.

But then I found the fix / workaround (whatever you will call it).

When adding a new exclusion, I have to add the path without the "Also exclude subfolders" option (as it is still greyed out) and click OK.

And then I select the previously created exclusion, click the edit button and - voila - it then it allows me to select the "Also exclude subfolders" checkbox.

Don't know what the logic is behind it, but at least it works now.

I would like say Thank You to all who supported me with their suggestions.

12 Replies
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 13

Jump to solution

I tried to reproduce the issue. If I write C:\root then 'Also exclude subfolders' is grayed out but if I write c:\root\ (ends with \) write Also exclude subfolders got enabled and I am able to check the box.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
mhg
Level 8
Message 3 of 13

Jump to solution

Guys, thank you very much for your responding already within a few hours. I really appreciate it.

However I already tried your suggested solution already before (that's what I meant when saying "w/ and w/o ending "\"").

Unfortunately it didn't make a difference.

The setup I am working with is ePO 5.3; ENS 10.5.05.

Thanks, Martin

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 13

Jump to solution

Folder exclusions require a trailing backslash.  What version of epo and what extension version of ens do you have?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

mhg
Level 8
Message 5 of 13

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for your responding already within a few hours. I really appreciate it.

However I already tried your suggested solution already before (that's what I meant when saying "w/ and w/o ending "\"").

Unfortunately it didn't make a difference.

The setup I am working with is ePO 5.3; ENS 10.5.05.

Thanks, Martin

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 13

Jump to solution

Policies are added by the point product extension.  Does the issue occur if you duplicate the McAfee default policy and try to add the same exclusion?  If not, it may be a policy corruption issue which you would need to recreate the policy from scratch (do not duplicate it) and delete the corrupted policy.  If issue is present still after duplicating the default, I would suggest first upgrading the extension to a higher build (you do not have to upgrade the clients for this).  If the later extension does not resolve it, please open a ticket with McAfee so we can look into it.

Was my reply helpful?

mhg
Level 8
Message 7 of 13

Jump to solution

The issue occurs no matter if I am creating a new task or trying to edit a copyed existing tasks.

ePO_UnableToExcludeSubfolders.png

Jump to solution

Try using a different browser. 

mhg
Level 8
Message 9 of 13

Jump to solution

sorry for the late response on this.

Nice try, but as already posted in the inital message, I already tried different browsers (Chrome, FF, IE, Edge), two different hosts, and two different admin accounts.

All attempts ended unsuccessful.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Do you have simillar issues with other checked in products, like VSE for example?

• If no, you can check if there is a newer Extension for the ENS product and check it in.
  • if yes, there is a bigger problem and you might want to involve support, think of performing Disaster Recovery or even build a new ePO server and transfer the machines to the new one.
McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.