cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to deploy client agent using WEB api

I am trying to Install client agent using WEB API(EPO Explorer). But the EPO Explorer returns:: "error 0 : For input string: "MYClient PC's IP address"(Using command 1).

I used  the following web api command.

Command 1:

system.deployAgent?ids=192.168.10.140&username=Administrator&password=password&agentPackage=Current/EPOAGENT30000/Install/0409&skip

IfInsatlled=false&forceInstall=true&domain=WORKGROUP&inputSource=1

Command 2:

system.deployAgent?names=192.168.10.140&username=Administrator&password=password&agentPackage=Current/EPOAGENT30000/Install/0409&skip

IfInsatlled=false&forceInstall=true&domain=WORKGROUP&inputSource=1

Please correct me if I am doing anything wrong.

4 Replies
apoling
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unable to deploy client agent using WEB api

Hello,

there is a typo in your commands here, not saying that it is the cause of your issue, just mentioning. Did you copy the original command that you actually used?

SkipIfInsattled instead of SkipIfInstalled.

the "id" that you should use here is not the IP of the computer, but the nodeid in the ePOLeafNode table. To obtain the nodeid, please use the system.find command and rummage through the properties that are displayed to.

the nodeid is represented as a number after "System Location:".

Hi Thanks  for the reply.

In our ePOLeafNode we will only have PC's which is already added to the system tree right?.I actually want to add a new system to system tree and install Mcafee agent. Any help ?

Thanks

apoling
Level 14
Message 4 of 5

Hi,

then depending on the source of where you seek the system name to add to, you could use AD sync or import a text file which you populate, or have populated from a different source.
all these you could add with a server task, for example.

Once this is ready, you could use the WebAPI to deploy the agent. this command apparently relies on an existing node somewhere in the tree or so I understood.

apoling
Level 14
Message 5 of 5

HI,

I am currently trying to reproduce your problem and to this end set up a similar WebAPI command with curl 7.3.0.

The difference is that I use one system and for the domain parameter I use .\ instead of WORKGROUP.

curl -k -u <user>:<password> https://localhost:<port>/remote/system.deployAgent?name=<systemname>&username=<local admin user with...

This results in the command being apparently doing nothing or something for an indefinite time, but does not display any progress messages whatsoever. Not even az error.

I wonder if you could execute your command successfully, if yes, please copy here your command with all the parameters and their values (except for the sensitive ones).

Thanks a lot.