cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to deploy anti-virus

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am having trouble getting ePO to deploy  VSE 8.8. Everytime I go to create a product deployment or create a new client task the option to actually deploy VSE is not there. I can deploy the Windows agent, and product improvement program though. 

I checked in my software manager and I have selected  VSE 8.8 and have checked it in. I also downloaded both extensions and have added those to the extensions tab in ePO, but even after that the option to install VSE is not available. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 13

Re: Unable to deploy anti-virus

Jump to solution

screenshot.png

you should see an Install - Windows (patch 10) package.  If not, go to the download page with your grant number to download it.  Make sure also you have the right license key in epo server settings, as that should not show as only evaluation.  The license key for epo can be obtained on the download page after logging in with your grant number.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

12 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 13

Jump to solution

does the package show up in the master repository as install vs patch?  Make sure you have checked in the full install instead of just a patch.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

I noticed that last night. It shows up as a patch. I've been looking around and I do not see any package for VSE that indicates it's an install. Here is a screenshot of what I'm seeing.

https://i.imgur.com/lO0g4Lk.png

https://i.imgur.com/phCJjlH.png

Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 13

Jump to solution

screenshot.png

you should see an Install - Windows (patch 10) package.  If not, go to the download page with your grant number to download it.  Make sure also you have the right license key in epo server settings, as that should not show as only evaluation.  The license key for epo can be obtained on the download page after logging in with your grant number.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Unfortunately there isn't an install package. I am assuming that's related to licensing. Once corporate send me that information I'll try again and report back. Thanks!

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 13

Jump to solution

Ok thanks for the update!

Was my reply helpful?

Re: Unable to deploy anti-virus - an update

Jump to solution

Sorry for the disturbance, seems I got into the same or similar issue: the VSE 8.8 deployment via ePO 5.9.1 is not possible due to deploy product option inavailable (screenshots are attached). VSE extensions are installed, but VSE records in Master Repository seems incomplete, in comparison with Your screenshots. Patch 10 replaced with Patch 11 in global repository, as I see. I tried to completely remove Endpoint Security packages - no dependance.

vse01.pngNo VSE optionvse02.pngvse03.pngvse004.png)

Are any changes in patch availability or licensing restrictions for today?

What might cause such behaviour and is it possible to deploy evaluation setup with VSE 8.8 (as the Customer wants to continue to use VSE for a while)?

Cheers!

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 13

Jump to solution

You only have the patch checked into the master repository and not the full install package.  Go back to software manager and check in the full package.  The first file is the full install and the second is just the patch.  Your screenshot of software manager shows Endpoint Security, not Virusscan.

2018-09-27 06_34_57-10.57.6.92 - Remote Desktop Connection.png

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

There is no installation package in Software Manager list, so, nothing to check in.

Only patch, help extensions, management extensions, readme and hotfixes.

Is it due to evaluation mode?

epo001.png

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 13

Jump to solution

That is quite possible.  Do you have a grant number?  If so, go to the download page and try to download it from there.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community