Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Unable to access ePO Web Console

Jump to solution

We are currently testing migrating the non-production ePO server 5.9.1 from Windows 2008R2 to Windows 2016. This we are doing via the disaster recovery snapshot method.

We are able to move to Windows 2016 and restore the ePO server. The test clients are able to communicate to the ePO server. However, I am unable to access the ePO Web Console in a browser. I do see the connection to port 8443 from the client but is displays the message below. Any ideas?

It givers us the following error message. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 10.39.44 AM.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Re: Unable to access ePO Web Console

Jump to solution

Try this from kb87852 …..

Disable compression in the server.xml configuration file for Tomcat. This setting was incorrectly set due to code similarities between ePO On-Premise and ePO Cloud, and must be set to off for on-premise installations:

1. Stop and disable all ePO services:
    1. Click Start, Run, type services.msc, and click OK.
    2. Right-click each of the following services and select Stop:

McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator Application Server
      McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator Event Parser
      McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator Server

2. Navigate to ePO_install_dir\server\conf\ and open server.xml with a text editor.
  3. Search for compression= and switch all references from on to off.
  4. Save the changes.
  5. Restart the ePO services and attempt to reproduce the failure, if possible.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Did the servername change?  Can you get to it from other browsers?  I suspect the cert is not being accepted in that browser, especially if it is the original cert issued to a different servername.  Did you add the site to trusted sites also?  Can you get to it from another system's browser rather than from epo itself?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

No the server name didn't change. I have setup a 2016 server using the old ePO server IP address and computer name. The ePO software was installed using the option to restore from disaster recovery. I am trying to access it fro Google Chrome in my office workstation. Just tried it from Firefox on another workstation and get a "Content Encoding Error".

Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Try this from kb87852 …..

Disable compression in the server.xml configuration file for Tomcat. This setting was incorrectly set due to code similarities between ePO On-Premise and ePO Cloud, and must be set to off for on-premise installations:

1. Stop and disable all ePO services:
    1. Click Start, Run, type services.msc, and click OK.
    2. Right-click each of the following services and select Stop:

McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator Application Server
      McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator Event Parser
      McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator Server

2. Navigate to ePO_install_dir\server\conf\ and open server.xml with a text editor.
  3. Search for compression= and switch all references from on to off.
  4. Save the changes.
  5. Restart the ePO services and attempt to reproduce the failure, if possible.

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Wow, the solution to change compression="off" to the server.xml file fixed this issue. Need to put that info in my upgrade document.

Thanks

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Glad that fixed it!

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community