cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Upgrade to EPO 5.10 due to free disk needed

Jump to solution

Hello all, I am just testined EPO 5.10 upgrade on my Windows 2012 VM (EPO 5.9.1).

When I try to upgrade, I cannot due to not enough disk space.

The KBs say it needs 20 GB free but the message I recieve is that it needs 133 GB free.

This occurs both with the Pre installation auditor and EPO 5.10 (Aug 28 repost)

Seems like an error in the installer, screen shoot below. EPO 5_10 Upgrade says it needs 136 GB Free disk.png   

Wondering if anyone else has seen this problem ?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 9 of 9

Re: Unable to Upgrade to EPO 5.10 due to free disk needed

Jump to solution

I doubt that you would want to exclude it, because if it can't back it up and restore it, you will have to rebuild your entire master repository.

And you don't want to just move the files out of there temporarily, because the database catalog references everything in there.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

8 Replies
Reliable Contributor bodysoda
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

EPO 5.10 got reposted couple of days ago. Download the reposted installer and run it to see if the issue reoccurring.

EPO 5.10 repost sns notice link

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!

Jump to solution
Thanks for the reply, my testing was with the repost version.

Jump to solution
Did you follow the pre-upgrade checks in https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB71825 ?
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Thanks for your reply, I have used the checklist in the past. I will try again.. this time cleaning out the old logs. If others have done the upgrade (Aug 28 repost) with no issues, then there must be something in my environment that is unique.
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

The install needs 2-3 times the space of existing directory due to the fact that it creates a duplicate copy of existing folder for backup.  So the required space is valid.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Thanks very much for your reply.

I guess I focused on the 20 GB, but the KB does state 3 X the size of your current EPO folder can be needed. 

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB71825

From the KB:

Ensure that the ePO server has enough hard disk space for the upgrade: System temp drive: Requires 2 GB or more of free disk space. ePO installation drive: Could require up to three times the size of the McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator folder or 20 GB, whichever is greater. NOTE: If the ePO server is installed on the same drive as the system temp folder, and the ePO installation directory is 15 GB in size, the required available hard disk space in the C drive is more than 45 GB. This space is needed to account for the system temp folder. In that scenario, you would need 15 GB X 3 + 2 GB = 47 GB of free space. In the same scenario, if the ePO installation directory is 2 GB in size, the minimum size requirement means that the drive must have 20 GB + 2 GB = 22 GB of free space.

My EPO application folder is 42 GB (trimmed down old logs) but I still need a lot of space, 42 GB X 3 + 2GB = 128 GB.

This will be a challenge for me (just a test VM) and for others.For me 35 GB of the 42 GB are files in the Software Manager folder and sub folders. I may have to remove packages and check them back in later.

I am hoping / suggesting that future EPO versions offer the ability to exclude the Software Manager folder if this is possible. 

Thanks again for your help !

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

I doubt that you would want to exclude it, because if it can't back it up and restore it, you will have to rebuild your entire master repository.

And you don't want to just move the files out of there temporarily, because the database catalog references everything in there.

Was my reply helpful?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

Was my reply helpful?

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.