cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Unable to Enforcement McAfee On Access Scan Policy on Client Machines

Hi Everyone,

In our environment we are using McAfee ENS 10.5.3, epO 5.9.1 and McAfee Agent 5.5.0.x.

We have a special On Access Scan Policy for Developer User's machine. While enforcing policies exclusions are not getting enforce and still excluded directories are gettng scan. Due to this users are facing issue in their work.

I tried reinstalltion of McAfee Products, Policy Enforcement, Policy Assignment Rules and checked Assigned Policy on ePO server for all specific machines. Even after this, issue is still same.

4 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unable to Enforcement McAfee On Access Scan Policy on Client Machines

Do the agent logs show any policy enforcement issues?  Does KB89847 apply?  Does the system event log show the agent service terminating unexpectedly?  If so, upgrade the agent to 5.5.1 and try ens 10.5.4.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Hi I have tried that mentioned KB and tried to troubleshoot the issue by installing ENS 10.5.4 and 10.6.0 both. But issue still persist. Agent logs don't show any error in enforcing policies. 

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Have you tried upgrading the agent to 5.5.1?  Otherwise you may have to open a ticket with McAfee so we can review logs.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Thank you for your suggestion. 
I have not tried to install Agent 5.5.1 but I have logged ticket to McAfee Support and submitted all required logs. Waiting for their response. 
This issue might be with Agent as I have checked it till now but not sure about it.

MPower Badge Now Available
Customers attending MPower can earn a community badge. Check into the MPower forum and say hi to have the badge awarded to your community profile.