Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gsween
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

UdaterUI.exe error when uninstall\upgrade

:confused: We just did a fresh install of epo4 on a new server. I am testing client installs to XP & Vista machines and Windows servers via a client pkg push from the server to the clients. I am using a AD account that has local admin rights on the boxes to install the package. Currently these machines have 3.6.1 client installed. Whenever I try to push the epo 4 client out to these machines, a couple of XP machines throw an error UdaterUI.exe -Unable to locate component. "This application failed to start because nialog3.dll was not found. Re-installing the product may fix the problem". SOmetimes it would be the same error except NAISIGN2.dll was not found. This is happening on several machines but not all. The big M in the task bar disappears during the install but does not re-appear. The AV icon is still there. When I try to manually install, uninstall or even click on FrmInst.exe this error pops up. Any ideas? Thanks.
2 Replies
tadeus
Level 7
Message 2 of 3

Re: UdaterUI.exe error when uninstall\upgrade

Did you ever solve this problem?  We are doing an enterprise upgrade at the moment and about 10 to 15 percent of our workstations are getting the same errors you describe.

stujo4
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Re: UdaterUI.exe error when uninstall\upgrade

I'm having the same thing on a Dell notebook PC that was just reimaged (reformatted).  Don't buy a registry utility, it won't repair it.  McAfee... GAAA!!