cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

USB Exception error ("could not allocate space for object")

Hi,

I just wanna ask why Im getting an error when im adding a user on the USB Exception under the DLP Manager.

"could not allocate space for object"

I still have a lot of disk space on my server.

thanks so much

Eric

EPO_sql015_LDAP_DLP_rameshError2.png

8 Replies
McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 9

Re: USB Exception error ("could not allocate space for object")

Looking at the screenshot it seems it is referring to EPO database. Is it an Express edition or Full version.

Have you checked if you have enough space in SQL drive.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Hi @LKS  ,

Thanks for the reply. Yes its sql express, I dont have a lot of of experience with sql db. 

Where could i add space on the sql server..

Thanks so much

Eric

McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 9

You cannot add space in SQL as SQL Express has a hard-coded maximum database size of 10 GB. If you reach this limit, the database can't grow any further, even if you have space available on the storage device that hosts it. So you have to keep purging events from Database. The easiest way to see which is the table consuming more, just follow the below steps. 

Open SQL server configuration manager-->connect to you DB-->right click on ePO database-->Reports-->Standard Reports-->Disk usage by top tables.

Based on the Table size you can purge. We do have couple of article available which will help you out in this case.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB76720

If you see any DLP table consuming high space, you need to contact DLP team to purge the any data. Also if you see OrionSnapshot table in the top 10 tables, execute the below query which will clear up some space. Also disable the DR Snapshot task from ePO server task.

TRUNCATE table orionsnapshot

Note : Take a SQL backup before you perform any action.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 9

When you purge events, it is safest to do it through the epo console server tasks for purging events.  I don't recommend purging directly from the database, as there are many tables you shouldn't touch and some with related data that might get orphaned if not done properly.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

hi @cdinet ,

Yes I would prefer doing it to the epo console server, Ive tried to see the tables directly and its scary 😐

can you pls show me how to do the task based on this screenshot... 

thanks so much ..

Eric

sql.PNG

McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 9

There is a default Server task "Purge Threat and Client Events Older than 90 Days" which purges events from ePO console. By default, you can retain last 90days records. However since you are using Express edition, we would suggest you to reduce the days depends on your environment size and product that you use.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thank you so so much @LKS  and @cdinet  . . Ill try these solutions and will keep u posted guys.. 

Regards,

Eric

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 9

As LKS said, that is definitely referring to your database out of space.  If you are running sql express, check to see if there is anything in the orionsnapshot table.  If so, don't run snapshot recovery task with sql express, as that takes a lot of db space.  That can be truncated.  You should also purge events and if possible, move it to a full sql server with same or higher version of sql installed.

Check also to see if there is a size limit set on the database files.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community