cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Troubleshoot client tasks on OS X

I am trying to upgrade to McAfee Agent on my OS X machines and have created a client task for product deployment which installs the latest version of the agent which I have pulled into my ePO repository. In ePO I can see that the machines have downloaded the task properly but they don't report the latest version for the agent.

Is there a way to, locally on the client, check the log files and see if the client task has been run and if it encountered any issues?

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Troubleshoot client tasks on OS X

What version of OS X and what version of MA are you trying to deploy? The logs should be locally within /opt/McAfee/cma/scratch/etc

Highlighted

I am trying to go from 4.8.0.1816 to 4.8.0.1938 on OS X 10.10.3.

I'll have a look at the log files and see if I can understand why it's not working.

Highlighted

Here is the McAfee compatability list, just to make sure you are using the correct agent for Yosemite

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51573

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community