cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Transfer the System

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I registered new ePO and transfered all clients from old ePO to new ePO.

All of the products display at the Product Tab but I only deployed DLP and ENS to new ePO. What is your suggestion to follow? for example, how can I remove these other modules from the clients or Product Tab?

Also, at the DLP User Sessions Tab displays old ePO evidence path. How can I change evidence path?

Also, if you give me information of Transfer the System to client transfer to the new ePO, I will be grateful.

Best regards and thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Transfer the System

Jump to solution

Hi All,

If you transfer the client from epo to new epo, you can not see the client on the system tree anymore at old epo.

you dont need any config at the client side.

all of the config and modules (like web control and firewall..)exist at client. If you dont have module at new epo, you will not control client. You need deploy modules what you want to epo.

to transfer client to new epo: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB79283

regards.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
McAfee Employee NMaurMcAfee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Well to answer your first question you can either check in the products\extensions in the new epo and remove them via the normal method, you can uninstall the components via the ripper which you can get from the enterprise support portal, or you can build a package with eedk which launches the silent uninstall commands.

Check the product guide on how to setup the evidence path.

Not sure what your last question is asking.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

This KB will tell you how to transfer systems.

McAfee Corporate KB - How to transfer/move computers from one ePolicy Orchestrator server to another...

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Hi,

As I said first message I transferred all clients to new ePO. I opened this discussion that would like to learn much more tips for Transfer the System that you have experience.

best regards,

Jump to solution

Hi All,

If you transfer the client from epo to new epo, you can not see the client on the system tree anymore at old epo.

you dont need any config at the client side.

all of the config and modules (like web control and firewall..)exist at client. If you dont have module at new epo, you will not control client. You need deploy modules what you want to epo.

to transfer client to new epo: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB79283

regards.

View solution in original post

Reliable Contributor bodysoda
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution
I have followed this KB article and successfully transferred system from one epo server to another epo.
In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!

Jump to solution

How to enable system transfer using web-API? And how should i proceed with the systems encrypted with DE 7.1.3?

McAfee Employee jappell
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

I opened this discussion that would like to learn much more tips for Transfer the System that you have experience.

I wanted to place my experience in the written form. It is true now in 2018 as it was when the transfer feature was introduced to ePO a long time ago. On customer engagements, I have to balance the particular need vs time and potential success. I love success and avoid rolling the dice for success. If you decide to use the transfer approach your mileage certainly could vary. Some customers have no issue at all transferring systems from an older ePO to a newer one. Other clients not so much.

Note: Laying out the groundwork is very important but does not always yield success.

First things first. What could go wrong? 

1. You select transfer for 10 machines (example). 5 disappear from the system tree and start their way to the new ePO server. What about the other 5? Maybe they went and maybe they didn't.
  2. The second phase is system accountability. Did they all make it to their destination? Some did and the others never got there intact. Now the 5 limbo clients try to go back to the source ePO server. They don't always get back to where they left.

The concept is great but as KB79283 tries to get across is what I just mentioned. Go slow and measure your success. You ready for this? You could have the system make it to the destination but have an abandoned clone on the source ePO, not fun. Now your truing up systems between the two ePO servers.

I like the commandeer approach. Deploy agents to the systems that already have them and as the name implies, install a new MA to a system that already has an agent to another ePO system.

For those of you who used transfer and it ran 100%, fantastic. After deploying around 10M nodes domestically since 1999 here are my parting thoughts. Take your time, test your methods and understand your approach. Oh yes always proceed with care. 

Tags (2)
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community