Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 19

Re: Transaction was deadlocked when running client task "Purge Server Task Log"

Jump to solution

No, do not mess with that at all please.  I would highly recommend opening a ticket with McAfee so we can see what is causing the deadlocks.  There are blocking research queries we can run and also look at software versions that may have known issues with it.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Hi cdinet

Yesterday I run the following query to update NodeUUID and TaskLogID to NULL:

Update OrionTaskQueueMT set NodeUUID = NULL, TaskLogID = NULL where ID='22'

Until now, I can run purge server task log smoothly and no error occurr on ePO. 

I'm worrying about that changing will affect to ePO server, make it unstable? Smiley Frustrated

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 13 of 19

Jump to solution

Check KB83384 and KB84114 to make sure the dbcleanup task is running on the proper 1 minute schedule and still exists in the queue.  Please don't modify anything in the database unless you really know what you are doing and instructed by us to do so.  If the internal task is running ok for now, monitor it to ensure things are ok.  If it is, then you should be fine.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Following your suggestion KB, I checked database and everything look like ok:

SELECT Id, UniqueKey, Enabled FROM OrionSchedulerTaskMT WHERE UniqueKey = 'DbCleanupTask'

DBCleanupTask.png

SELECT * FROM OrionTaskQueueMT WHERE TaskDescription LIKE '%DBCleanUp%'

DBCleanupTask.png

RunTime field still update every 1 minute

Select * from OrionTaskQueueMT where taskdescription like '%dbclean%' or taskdescription like '%task.queue%'

DBCleanupTask.png

I will monitor internal tasks on ePO to make sure it's running ok or not. Thank you so much for your instruction.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 15 of 19

Jump to solution

That looks good, they are running as expected.  You should be ok once you purge everything and run the reindex.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Hi cdinet

I would like to ask you:

1. How can I "run the reindex"? Does it by using script "RebuildReorganizeIndexes-V4.zip" attached on KB67184. I don't understand your mean because I am not good at database administrator

2. "Purge everything" is clear server task log only. Is that true?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 17 of 19

Jump to solution

Purging is done by setting up a server task to purge the different types of events that the task can be configured for, such as threat events, server task log, etc.  When you create a new server task, the actions will be seen in a drop down for what type of purging options there are.  As for the reindex, yes, you would run the script that is attached to KB67184.  Your account would need sysadmin rights to run that.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

I understood. Thank you so much for your support

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 19 of 19

Jump to solution

Anytime!  Glad to help - hope it resolves things for you.

Was my reply helpful?

ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.