cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The sensor is now in a disabled state. (by policy).

Here's the short version of a long story. Our EPO server decided to throw a wobbly 2 days ago it put all the existing managed systems in the rogue area (possibly some corruption of the database?). At this point I decided to install a fresh and up to date version however I only have server 2003 so EPO 5.x is not available to me. After installing the latest 4.6.x version I cannot get a rogue sensor to start detecting systems. I've done all the software update from the software - software manager, I've then clicked the download link to manually install a rogue sensor on my PC, however it never seems to start and always stays in a disabled state. Have I missed a step somewhere?

1 Reply

Re: The sensor is now in a disabled state. (by policy).

It would be worth looking at the local rogue sensor log file to try an determine why it's doing that. Look for:

/<Sensor Install folder>/logs/rssensor_<host name>.log

Something else to consider is that sensors will be told to 'switch off' automatically if there are more than the required number on a given network segment for example.

Default =2 per subnet I believe, but that's adjustable. Maybe this network is covered by others already ?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community