cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing ePolicy Orcestrator 4.5 with license key

Jump to solution

I have been running the beta of ePo 4.5 on our test system for quite a while and when the RTM came out i upgraded straight away - because im running it long term in a test environment I need the product to be fully operational for a good couple of months, now 4.5 requires a license key this poses me with a question, while I am testing it on a test system that is isolated from our live network can I use the license key that we have as part of our purchased software license to license the test system while I carry out tests?

I'm worried that if I apply the full license key to our test system it will lock or somehow license it for the test system only and not be valid when we move to production servers (or we be in violation of our licensing terms)

Any help would be appreciated.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 5

Re: Testing ePolicy Orcestrator 4.5 with license key

Jump to solution

Hi,

You can use the same key for both test and production servers. Please review the FAQ document for more on the licensing of ePO 4.5 (PD21819)

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=PD21819

Q: Will I be able to use the license key for testing as

well as for production use?

A: One license key supports both testing and

production use.

4 Replies

Jump to solution

I was told by my reseller that you can have as many ePO servers as you want. So if you have one licence key then that will work for them all. - As long as you have ePO in your licenced package then you are good to go.

Jane

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi,

You can use the same key for both test and production servers. Please review the FAQ document for more on the licensing of ePO 4.5 (PD21819)

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=PD21819

Q: Will I be able to use the license key for testing as

well as for production use?

A: One license key supports both testing and

production use.

Jump to solution

Does an organization need to pay for the client systems with McAfee installed within their testing environments? Does that number count against us being compliant with number of client lincenses we own or can I freely install in test environments?

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for pointing that out, I thought had read that FAQ, but obviously not!

Regards.