cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporarily Disable Access Protection

Hello,

I also posted this in the VirusScan forum, I wasn't sure which one this would apply more to but now that I think about it, it seems more of a management issue. Sorry for duplicates.
(This was removed from the virusscan forum but was not moved to the proper forum)

I am looking for a quick way via the command line or perhaps a registry modification that will allow me to temporarily disable the access protection on my desktop systems. Doing so via the ePo console will not work for me and I can not seem to find any useful information anywhere else. I hope someone can help me out. Thanks.
3 Replies

RE: Temporarily Disable Access Protection

If you're suitably privileged on the workstations you should be able to use "Net Stop Servicename" to stop the McAfee Processes - don't know if this was the sort of thing you were looking for or if you need the change to remain across reboots.

Jim

A net stop would be fine, but the McAfee access protection prevents the stopping of McAfee services. I don't believe a net stop gets around this but I could be wrong.

Default access protection doesn't prevent McAfee Services being stopped you have to specifically enable this additional protection - default does prevent McAfee Processes being killed - this will not prevent you stopping the services using SC command....

...what's the problem with getting the policy change enforced via ePO then ?

Jim