Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task still shows on excluded systems

Jump to solution

Hi all,

• ePO 5.3.2
  • ES 10.5 on Windows 7/10

I have lots of machines in a specific System Tree branch (branch = testWorkstations)

There is an Assigned Client Task  set on that branch.

Task has Tag rules:

• Has any of these tags: Workstation
  • And has none of these tags: vExclude

All machines in the branch have the Workstation tag, but a few machines in this branch have tag vExclude, but they still show the task (and the task runs) in Endpoint Security > Settings > Common > Tasks.

Should they not be excluded as they have the tag that is set under the "And has none of these tags" setting?

Thanks.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Task still shows on excluded systems

Jump to solution

Hi mrbeatnik,

What version of Mcafee Agent are you using here please?

I ask as MA 5.0.6.220 has issues that could account for thsi.

Version information for McAfee Agent 5.0.x
Technical Articles ID: KB82105

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

3 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi mrbeatnik,

What version of Mcafee Agent are you using here please?

I ask as MA 5.0.6.220 has issues that could account for thsi.

Version information for McAfee Agent 5.0.x
Technical Articles ID: KB82105

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

The systems affected were actually running 5.0.4 agent.

I just tested quickly with 5.5.0 and this has removed the task immediately.

I'll review everything with some more testing, but that looks like the issue.

Didn't consider the agent!

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

KB86039 lists and issue with that, but you are using the version of epo that this was fixed in.  If upgrading the agent doesn't resolve it, then you might want to put the server log in debug mode (see kb58966, solution 1 - that will also enable debug logging for the server logs).  Set the log size to 100, make a slight change to the task (enable randomization maybe) so that the client looks for a change.  Ensure the client is tagged properly, then send wakeup call or collect and send props to get the agent to communicate.  Monitor the agent log for any task changes.  As soon as you see that, get a copy of the server logs from epolicy orchestrator\db\logs in the install directory, and the agent logs under c:\programdata\mcafee\agent\logs.  Then open a ticket with McAfee so we can investigate further.  Don't post logs here that might contain sensitive data.  Also get a screenshot of the system showing the tag applied and the task settings showing tag assignments.  In addition to the immediate server and agent logs before they get overwritten, get a mer from epo and the agent so we can look at other relevant data too.  When you run the mer (mer.mcafee.com), always right-click and run as administrator and always choose the specific products to collect for, not just all products.  That sometimes misses critical data that we might need for a specific issue.

Was my reply helpful?

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.