Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 15

Re: Tag based deployment (ePO v5.9)

Jump to solution
Correct, it doesn't matter where the tags are applied. The client task assignment location dictates who gets the task, not where tags are applied.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

thanks again.

do you know if that is documented anywhere.  I was not able to find a reference of it.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 13 of 15

Jump to solution
ePO product guide discusses that. "Client tasks can be assigned at any level in the System Tree. Groups and systems lower in the tree inherit client tasks. As with policies and policy assignments, you can break the inheritance for an assigned client task."

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
Sohel
Level 9
Message 14 of 15

Jump to solution

Hello,

You mentioned below in original posting. Can you please elaborate on how to apply it through ePO 5.10?

Thanks.

However, with epo 5.10, that adds the functionality to now tag on a product property.  So that would be an immediate tagging, whereas running a server task to apply manually based on a query is dependent on the task schedule.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 15 of 15

Jump to solution
It is the same as creating a tag in 5.9, only in 5.10 you have product properties to choose from as criteria as well as system props. That option wasn't available previously.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community