Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbict
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 11

Systems are not deleted from System Tree

Hello there!

I have a group 'Import from AD' and an other group with ''Production Systems'.

On the import from AD group i have active directory synchronisation scheduled. But when i remove a system from the active directory, the system isn't removed from the group ''Production Systems'

When i leave the system in de group Import from AD, the system is deleted from the group.

So do i have a wrong synchronisation configuration? Or maybe is my issue the same as article:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB78932&actp=LIST

I use Orchestrator 5.0 build 1160 on Windows 2008 R2 SP1

Kind Regards

10 Replies
hem
Level 15
Message 2 of 11

Re: Systems are not deleted from System Tree

Make sure that the option ''Delete the systems from the System Tree" in the sync setting,AD sync.png

sbict
Level 7
Message 3 of 11

Hello Hem,

The delete setting is enabled, but the systems are not deleting from the tree

Message was edited by: sbict on 8/11/13 11:59:40 PM CDT
mshah
Level 10
Message 4 of 11

Hi,

As Hem suggested above option is already selected and if still it is not deleting system from the system tree it seem like the issue is related to article

KB78932 as you have mentioned. Because as per the configuaration ADSync task should delete those machines which are not present in the AD OU. So you can refer the same article and apply the workaround to delete those machines manually from the system tree or you can apply patch 1 for ePO 5.0.

Please refer article : https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB78214

895682 :

Issue: The System Description is updated by AD Sync tasks and then overwritten at the next agent to server communication with local computer descriptions.

Resolution: This issue is not listed in the Resolved Issues section for the ePO 5.0.1 Release Notes. However, it is resolved in ePO 5.0.1.

sbict
Level 7
Message 5 of 11

Thanks Manish.

Just wait for ePO 5.0.1

PhilR
Level 12
Message 6 of 11

No need to wait, it is available from the corporate download portal.

sbict
Level 7
Message 7 of 11

Thats only the BETA version?

hem
Level 15
Message 8 of 11

5.0.1 is patch1 for ePO 5.0 which is available for download. ePO 5.1.0 is in Beta release.

Message was edited by: hem on 13/8/13 3:40:49 PM IST
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 11

Hang on - can you explain in a bit more detail what's happening? From what you describe I think this is normal...

The AD sync only applies to the group(s) where the synchronisation is defined - so if I have a group called A with a sync point defined, and I move a machine from group A to group B and then delete it from AD, it will *not* be deleted from group B.

HTH -

Joe

mshah
Level 10
Message 10 of 11

Hey Joe,

You are right, the ADSync only applies to the groups where the synchronisation is defined so if you have a group called "A" which is a sync point defined and you move some machines from group "A" to group "B" . It means the machines has moved  from group "A"  to grop "B" and those machines are not present currently in group "A" but you have defined group "A" as synchronisation point, so whenever ADSync task runs it should resconstruct the system tree according AD and whichever machines are deleted or moved from the group "A" those machines should not be present in ePO system tree under goup "A".