Did you mean: 
JayMan
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

System Tree Mostly Blank For 1 User

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Got a bit of a strange one here. Just today when logging into the ePO console & viewing the system tree; most folders are now showing blank to me although there should be plenty of systems in each. I can actually see systems under 2 folders; but the rest are blank.

Doing a search for the systems via the Dashboard, I can successfully get to all systems as expected. Other users are able to login & see all systems as expected in the system tree.

I've confirmed my account is setup as an administrator & have tried from multiple computers & browsers all with the same result. Was going to try deleting my account from ePO console, but it warned that all System Tasks I've created (i.e. basically all of them) would be deleted also.

Has anyone seen this before and can point me in the right direction to fix this up?

Cheers

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayMan
Level 10
Message 9 of 10

Re: System Tree Mostly Blank For 1 User

Jump to solution

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but thought I would post the solution...

There was a bug in the previous Drive Encryption & Management of Native Encryption extensions where displaying certain attributes from them as a column on the system tree view would cause all systems to disappear. Resetting to default columns view worked around this bug, but obviously didn't help with displaying the data I needed.

The latest extensions have been patched to fix this bug.

9 Replies
norbertg
Level 12
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

They aren't in Lost and Found? You did click on Systems tab on the folders that show blank?

JayMan
Level 10
Message 3 of 10

Re: Re: System Tree Mostly Blank For 1 User

Jump to solution

Nope. All systems display correctly in the relevant folders/groups for other users in ePO. Even selecting 'My Organisation' & setting the display preset to "This Group & All Subgroups" shows me only systems from the 2 groups.

I see this on my dashboard & see systems I expect when drilling into it.

DashboardSummary.PNGDashboardSummary-DrillDown.PNG

Yet when I view on system tree the 'Servers' group for example is blank...

SystemTree.PNG

norbertg
Level 12
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

Under User Managements there is a Permission set. There is a System Tree Access and System section make sure you have rights to Systems.

JayMan
Level 10
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

When selecting My Org level & all subgroups, it only displays the systems that are in the 2 groups that I can already see when browsing directly to those group.

Have tried others logging in from my PC (all OK), me logging in from their PC (no good), me logging in from other browsers (no good), me logging in from server itself (no good).

My account is setup as an administrator (same as the other users I've tested can see all systems as expected); not one of the limited permissions sets; so should have access to all objects in the system tree.

norbertg
Level 12
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

Here is our default Group Admin permissions, probably worth double checking.

permissions.png

Highlighted
JayMan
Level 10
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

As mentioned above, I'm set as Administrator; not a limited permission set.

norbertg
Level 12
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

I'm not really sure, we only use the one sys admin account here and works fine, but can you screen cap your permission sets especially the one administrator is in.

JayMan
Level 10
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but thought I would post the solution...

There was a bug in the previous Drive Encryption & Management of Native Encryption extensions where displaying certain attributes from them as a column on the system tree view would cause all systems to disappear. Resetting to default columns view worked around this bug, but obviously didn't help with displaying the data I needed.

The latest extensions have been patched to fix this bug.

norbertg
Level 12
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

Does it show them all when selecting This Group and All Subgroups from withing My Organization system tree?

That seems really weird, maybe get a colleague to login to the same workstation and see what they can see.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator