cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

System Details remains slow to respond on some systems - even after purging duplicate events.

Jump to solution
I ran the dupe event check and the purge dupe event sql scripts to clear up duplicate events created by the upgrade from 5.9.1 to 5.10 CU 4. since then, we are still seeing slow response for some system details pages. I am working to purge some other specific events (2401 and 2402) to clear up any potential event related performance issues, but was wondering if anyone else has seen this slowness continue after following the various steps to clear duplicate events?
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 6

Re: System Details remains slow to respond on some systems - even after purging duplicate events.

Jump to solution
Once you finish purging, use the script in kv67184 to reindex the database. I would suggest running that with all epo and agent handler services off the first run to get a full reindex.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

5 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: System Details remains slow to respond on some systems - even after purging duplicate events.

Jump to solution
Do you still have any systems out there with the 5.6.0.878 agent? If so, you will still be getting duplicate events. That won't go away till you get rid of that agent.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

None that are still communicating with me. 

The majority of systems are at 5.6.1.308 - some are at a level above .878 (.940 for instance).

Rerunning the check shows no duplicates (I run this several times a day to check)

I do see a ton of 2402/2401 events I am working to clear out (I have already configured the event settings to stop delivering those)

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution
Once you finish purging, use the script in kv67184 to reindex the database. I would suggest running that with all epo and agent handler services off the first run to get a full reindex.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Once all of the duplicate events were purged, I managed to clear another large number of events of various kinds and followed this by running a reindex of the database.

The re-index recommendation was instrumental in returning EPO performance to what it was originally!

Thank you for the assistance!

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Glad to assist!  I would suggest including that with your regular database maintenance plan.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community