cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for Unix Clients in ePO and Viruscan ?

HI,

Just wondering what the current ability (if any) there is to support Antivirus on Unix/Linux clinets using ePO and Viruscan ?

Thanks,

JIm

4 Replies
Highlighted
GWIRT
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Support for Unix Clients in ePO and Viruscan ?

The McAfee Agent for Linux can manage LinuxShield. We can only manage HIPs on Solaris and HP-UX.

HI - thanks for that - much appreciated.

A little more info. would be great as I didn't come across Linuxshield when searching the main McAfee Website

I "presume" then that this means that id  deploy the McAfe Agent for Linux and then "LInuxshield" via ePO I can then manage AV Policies on supported LInux/Unix Clients ?

And is Linuxshield - broadly speaking - a Linux Version of Viruscan ?

Thanks,

Jim

GWIRT
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Here's our main page on LinuxShield:

http://www.mcafee.com/us/enterprise/products/system_security/servers/linuxshield.html

This might shead a little more light on the product.

Essentially, you are correct, this is like VSE for Linux. You are also correct that you would install the agent on a Linux machine and then you can configure your deployment tasks to deploy LinuxShield, much like Windows. The agent can't be pushed like Windows, you will need to copy the install.sh script to the machine, chmod it and run it. From that point you are good to go.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Greg - I'll have a read of that product info.

Cheers,

Jim

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community