cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support center is misleading.

Jump to solution
The information on support center is not accurate and it has never worked in our environment. I says "ePO server Machine Memory check failed" all the time and skips all other health checks.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 14 of 25

Re: Support center is misleading.

Jump to solution

The fixed version for this should tentatively be released May 14th, just fyi.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

24 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 25

Jump to solution

Please open a ticket with McAfee for that, they are working on a fix for that specific issues.  It is failing to run a powershell script.  Most of that so far has been found to be because 8.3 naming convention is disabled.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Reliable Contributor bodysoda
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 25

Jump to solution

In fact, our EPO also has the same issues as @User88994371

2019-04-24 15_43_48-ePolicy Orchestrator 5.10.0.jpg

I've checked the 8.3 Naming convention is enabled on the EPO server as per the KB71516

2019-04-24 15_40_52-.jpg

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Highlighted
petedc
Level 9
Message 4 of 25

Jump to solution

What I have just found is the PowerShell scripts are failing because the folders that hold the scripts are missing from the server.

After installing Support Center and running it for the first time i was getting errors that should not be true.  So I found this entry in the orion.log showing the path it was looking for:

2019-05-02 10:41:06,013 ERROR [scheduler-TaskQueueEngine-thread-2] util.CommonUtil - Error in in execution of powershell script - file:/D:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/McAfee/ePolicy%20Orchestrator/Server/extensions/installed/SupportCenter/5.10.0.286/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/SupportCenter.jar!/com/mcafee/epo/healthcheck/check/powershell/ServerPerfCounter.PS1 params - -sample_interval 1 -max_samples 10

The entire section in bold/underline is missing, after the lib folder there are no further folders, only .jar files.

I hope this helps, have a look at your server and see if the same thing is true.
Hopefully McAfee will get this fixed quickly...its amazing to me that this could have gotten thru QA, unless of course its just me. ;>)

Pete

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 25

Jump to solution

That is as designed, you won't see those files unless you extract them.  The powershell scripts are failing due to it looking at short name paths and issue only manifests if 8.3 naming convention is disabled.  That is why I requested to open a ticket, as we have a hotfix you can get to fix that, but I don't have an eta yet when it will be GA released.

Was my reply helpful?

petedc
Level 9
Message 6 of 25

Jump to solution

Thanks, i will open a ticket, but just like the previous poster 8.3 is not disabled...it is set to 0.

8dot3_regentry.JPG

So if I understand correctly I should not be experiencing the issue.
Either way, I will open a ticket to get the fix...thanks for the quick response.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 25

Jump to solution

8.3 issues can be tricky.  For example, if you have more than one drive, it may or may not be enabled on the other drive.  Also, if a product was installed and 8.3 later was enabled, that doesn't mean that the 8.3 shortname path will be created on an existing directory.  To really validate, you can go to a root or subdirectory where you should see a shortname in command prompt and run dir /x and it will show you the short names as well as normal names.  If any are missing, there's your problem.  See KB82122 and kb81754 for some reference to issues like that.

Was my reply helpful?

petedc
Level 9
Message 8 of 25

Jump to solution

Good info, thanks, I will check that out...Its always nice to verify why something is happening.

petedc
Level 9
Message 9 of 25

Jump to solution

Apparently my issue has to do with the ePO software being installed on 😧 drive and not C: drive.

When I run dir /x on C: I get dir_X_C.JPG

But when I run it on 😧 I get:
dir_X_D.JPG

So obviously 😧 drive is not recognizing the 8dot3 setting...very interesting.

Hopefully the HotFIx will take care of this so I won't have to manually set any if the folder names.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 25

Jump to solution

Yes, it should resolve it without having to fix any 8.3 paths manually.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community